RP600M Popping During Playback

Yahhmuns

In the past year I got a pair of RP600M, when I first got them I had a mica origain which when turned off would make the speakers pop, this happened with my last speakers so I knew it was the amp. Eventually I purchased an emotiva A-100, it no longer popped when turned off but would have very loud worrying pops during playback. I thought it was the amp so I got a replacement but with the replacement the speakers still popped. So I'm wondering if its a problem with the speakers or wires or something else all together, and how can I fix this.

2 minutes ago, Yahhmuns said:

What kind of device would cause interference, and should I just unplug everything else from the same outlet?

Something that has a relay or that is turning on and off frequently.  I would troubleshoot it by unplugging whatever is on the same circuit one at a time. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

so what kind of electronic equipment do you close by , or in the same room ---------

I live in a small basement apartment so everything's in this room. I got two computers, two monitors, headphone amp, speaker amp, tube amp, DAC, record player, dehumidifier and a mini fridge. I'm suspecting the mini fridge is the problem but I kinda need my food cold.

1 minute ago, Yahhmuns said:

I currently have the fridge unplugged and that seems to have fixed it, thanks a lot.

I have the 600M and they have never popped.

I agree the fridge is the likely problem.  It will create a heck of a surge when the compressor cycles on.

2 hours ago, Yahhmuns said:

I live in a small basement apartment so everything's in this room. I got two computers, two monitors, headphone amp, speaker amp, tube amp, DAC, record player, dehumidifier and a mini fridge. I'm suspecting the mini fridge is the problem but I kinda need my food cold.

WOW ------all that  gear ,   understood , so unplugging the mini-fridge was the culprit  - great if that was the only issue --