Big Cold

NADman

Gonna get fugly here soon "they" say.  8-10" in the next couple days.  Have a new Cub Cadet 2X sittin here but hopefully my buddy w/drop the plow and back drag me while I stand in here drinking hot coffee watching.  Kinda wanna go out and play with it but...  ...Think I'd really rather drink coffee  :)

May be an image of 4 people and text that says 'Texans dealing with a Cat 5 hurricane Texans dealing with temps below 20°F'

😂  😂  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

With this cold, I should post my Eddie Bauer mid-80s expedition coat on the garage section... 10 pounds of really great goose down, warmest coat ever! Straight trade for an RC-7 anyone?  I’ll toss in a pair of electric heated gloves... maybe a pair of Sorel -50 rated boots... come on, you know you want all that fashion!

• Haha 4

We haven't seen temperatures this low in north Texas for 30 years.  We'll have near record snow on top of the cold.  Fort Worth already experienced that horrible 100+ car pile up on Thursday morning that killed 6.  My wife left home this afternoon to check in to a hotel near the hospital in Fort Worth where she works.  She will stay there through Thursday to avoid the 22-mile commute in the weather that is coming.

• Like 1

you poor old saps ... we have a balmy 34 degrees right now; but under an ice storm advisory. I'm now understanding why I paid a fortune to live in Los Angeles. Weather is very important to me. So why do I live in the PNW you may ask ... because I hate myself and figure it was time to torture myself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rain, too much of it here in the Piedmont of NC. SC is close enough to ride a bicycle to, so we had low 20s to close to 40 for a week and at minimum a half foot of rain. I'd prefer snow but then I'd be fearful to drive anywhere. Why I have to take a test to renew my driver's license, I'll never know if they're just handing them out for nothing somewhere else.

• Like 1