Cinema 400 Questions

iamian

Had this soundbar for 6 weeks and I like it a lot except for couple of issues. Judging by lack of posts here I don't think there are too many Cinema 400 owners here but I would appreciate everyone's thoughts. This is my 1st Klipsch product and although I've heard many wonderful reviews of the speakers, electronic side of their product perhaps is lacking when compared to the competition?

My soundbar works as expected except when I shut off the tv, Sony X900H, soundbar also turns off only to turn itself on again. Sometimes, perhaps 1 out of 20, it will stay off but almost always it turns itself back on. Not a major issue, but I would love to see it behave properly. Called both Sony and Klipsch support, and of course, they both blame other equipment for the issue. Klipsch has provided an RA# but I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble of exchanging the unit since I have no other issues. I've read a quite few Cinema 600 owners with their subwoofer connectivity issue and the humming so I'd rather not have to deal with that.

Secondary issue, again very minor, is the lack of EQ on the soundbar. I've heard Klipsch Connect App is supposed to provide EQ control when the app is updated, but I don't think Cinema 400 will be able to utilize the app. Even low-end soundbars have some app support and I was extremely surprised Klipsch didn't offer anything for the Cinema 400.

Thanks for listening to my rant 😉

I’m by no means an expert. I have a Bar 40 which is the predecessor to the 400. My problem was it didn’t always turn on. I bought a higher quality HDMI cord and it has been fine for about a year now. When I was researching the problem it seems HDMI arc can be a little finicky. When I bought my sound bar there were others that had more bells and whistles at that price point. I just thought the design and build quality seemed so much better. The quality of the sound was what sold me. The detail really impressed me. When I listened at the store side by side against other bars I was considering I was picking up sounds on the Klipsch with both movies and music I wasn’t really hearing on other bars. I’ve been satisfied with my purchase.

On 2/21/2021 at 7:57 PM, Bossfan said:

I’m by no means an expert. I have a Bar 40 which is the predecessor to the 400. My problem was it didn’t always turn on. I bought a higher quality HDMI cord and it has been fine for about a year now. When I was researching the problem it seems HDMI arc can be a little finicky. When I bought my sound bar there were others that had more bells and whistles at that price point. I just thought the design and build quality seemed so much better. The quality of the sound was what sold me. The detail really impressed me. When I listened at the store side by side against other bars I was considering I was picking up sounds on the Klipsch with both movies and music I wasn’t really hearing on other bars. I’ve been satisfied with my purchase.

Yes, I absolutely love the sound and the quality of the soundbar and the sub. I paid $150 and I don't think I can get anything comparable for twice that. My disappointment is mostly the software and the HDMI handshake issue but then this is not just Klipsch, apparently every soundbar and tv has these issues.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...