La Scala vintage builds

Seadoc

Getting ready to build a set of vintage La Scala's from the online plans.  Already modeled the enclosures and components.  Bob Crites suggested, RIP, woofer/tweeters/driver combinations as did ALK as well as crossovers.  Anyone mind sharing their journey down this road ?? 

I'm doing it right now. I put the second round of primer on the top hats about an hour ago. A little spot putty and one more coat of primer and it's on to the bass modules. I'm also using all Crites components and original K-400 horns. But with a twist. The bottom section will be a subwoofer with 15" Stereo Integrity drivers. I'm also going to mod the crossover to allow bi-amping. These will all be separate components, so the LaScala clones can be put back in their original configuration if needed. 

IMG_20210212_eeeee182420850.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am a new with the forum.  I have tried to send messages to members regarding their experience building the La Scala spetaker but seems I do not have that capability.  If anyone is welling to share their experience with me in building the La Scala speakers, it would be greatly appreciated.  I really liked "tarponater" photos in this tread and would appreciate to learn his and others experiences in building the La Scala speakers.  Thanks Greg Edwards