Up-dated speaker connection

kdogone

ALL:

I just inherited a pair of 1981 Cornwall's matching set, one owner and in great condition.  It has the old style speaker wire hook ups in the back,  can that be changed to a Banana style plug in?

Is there anything else I need to do to the inside as far as having anything up-dated?   I am new to this so be kind.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kdogone said:

ALL:

I just inherited a pair of 1981 Cornwall's matching set, one owner and in great condition.  It has the old style speaker wire hook ups in the back,  can that be changed to a Banana style plug in?

Is there anything else I need to do to the inside as far as having anything up-dated?   I am new to this so be kind.

The answer is yes and going to let those who have actually done this speak to this and pretty sure they will have at least one or 2. more suggestions. Slow at moment but, they will come...

Nice Speakers to have...

57 minutes ago, kdogone said:

ALL:

https://www.parts-express.com/speaker-components/cabinet-hardware-speaker-grill-cloth/binding-posts

20 minutes ago, kdogone said:

Your are correct, very blessed to have them.  I am audio virgin but I can say I am hooked. Can also tell you they are loud and all the different music types sound great.

Needless to say they are a big deal and favorite around here.

In another hour or sooner, other members will be here. Here comes one now.

6 hours ago, kdogone said:

Is there anything else I need to do to the inside as far as having anything up-dated?

The crossover networks inside, at that age, more than likely could use some new capacitors. It's something that could be done by a novice if they're adventurous enough. But it'really not too hard. I'm sure there are example videos on youtube.

https://youtu.be/llVKo6DHkvk

10 hours ago, kdogone said:

ALL:

https://www.parts-express.com/Gold-Dual-Binding-Post-091-335

Main product image for Gold Dual Binding Post 091-335