KLF-30 and Yamaha RX_V596

Orion

Hi,

Will the Klipsch KLF-30 speakers work well with a Yamaha RX-V596 receiver? Will I get their full performance from the speakers with this receiver. The receiver has 100 watts per 5.1 channel RMS?

I have read on forums and reviews that people were not hapyy with the performance from their receivers on these high-end speakers and I do not want to purchase these if I cannot get the fullet experience from them.

Any help appreciated! Thanks!

Nope! I have last years model the RX V595a which is the same as yours. I run the klipsch synergy six. Anything bigger theYamaha will run, but not very good. Our Yamaha's run better with a sat/sub system. I myself really dislike my receiver. Upgrading to the Marantz SR 8000 as soon as money gets saved up.

I have the Yammie 2095 with KLF30's/C7 up front and KG5.5's is the rear and the system is crisp, clean, and clear to intolorable listening levels. We may have somewhat different amps, but mine is also rated at 100 watts. The KLF30's are very efficient and a good 60 watt amp will drive you out of the room.

many makers never seem to talk about current or amperage, though that makes a signif difference in sound w/ something like the klf. so it's more than just watts. not that i have anything to brag about biggrin.gif - my sony gets by ok w/ the klf, but i know it could be better. still it's best to put the $ in the speakers 1st, right? biggrin.gif

------------------

Klipsch KLF-30 (front), KLF-C7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnect & Monster Z-12 cable

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Sony DVP-C650D cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Technics direct drive turntable

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

2nd room:

Klipsch RF-3 (front), RC-3, cheap little Technics (rear)

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage '75)

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd player

Sega Genesis game player

Sub: None yet

rock on!

• 2 weeks later...