Klipsch Car audio

geezin'

https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/showthread.php?1266-Richard-Clark-1986-Grand-National-1992-CA-amp-E

I got a chance to hear the system in this car back in 1990 at an IASCA show in Florence SC. To say it was an "ear opening" experience is an understatement. I would never have thought such a sound was possible in the cabin of a car. He had a Cadillac before the Buick that was almost as impressive.

One thing is for sure. If you were in Richard's power class and saw that Grand National roll off the trailer, you knew the best you could do that day was 2nd place..........

Shakey

The signal processor he used was the PCB board out of a DBX 5BX-DS 5 Band Computer Controlled Dynamic Range Controller with 5 frequency bands of impact restoration.  I used a DBX 3BX-DS in my '94 Camaro when I competed on the IASCA Sound Quality circuit in the mid 90's.

MAINECAR.JPG

HiFonics Isis - 2.JPG

ENGINE4.JPG

INTER4.JPG

AMPS3.JPG

EQ2.JPG

INTER3.JPG

INTER1.JPG

• Like 2

I used Morel MW-166's a 6" woofer with an fs of 43Hz and 3" voice coils.  Used my own 2-way passive networks with Polk Audio MM-3000 tweeters.  Are you looking for separates or coxial?  Some JL Audio and Alpine Type-R components are good.  Morel, Focal, Clif Designs if you really want top notch.

• 6 months later...

For some time, I've been looking at putting Klipsch speakers of some sort in my BMW 325xi.  Find the information necessary to make sure that something has a possibility working is a chore. I wanted to start with the mid-range speakers, and Klipsch doesn't have a lot of those it doesn't seem. 

But doors, especially on a BMW don't have a lot of room. Depth of the speaker? I ended up asking a couple of different eBay sellers if they would be time enough to measure the distance from plane of the comb to the back. The speakers are running about 2.75" deep, or so I'm told.

I then finally ran across a post where someone had investigated it before without taking my door panels off again.   http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e46/stereo/jesse/audio_4.html

I bought a pair of 5.25" Klipsch Quintet II Satellite Replacement Center Speakers for $40 eBay, and I'm going to try to give them a shot.