The Klipsch Audio Community
babadono

Clowns and Jokers, which one are you?

3 minutes ago, Sadie42 said:

Audioholics has a nice message board and they have a section called The Steam Vent where you can talk politics or whatever, they just don’t allow personal insults. It’s a good group. I came from Audiokarma and was warned that this place is a dumpster fire. Moderators are rude and condescending, and see what appears to be at least two corporate shills, and there is no company tech presence to help people, so I think I’m finished here. Please delete my account. 

I think you have to delete it......

31 minutes ago, Sadie42 said:

I came from Audiokarma and was warned that this place is a dumpster fire.

Wow, things get rough around here sometimes and even though I've been personally persecuted for going against certain viewpoints that have often seemed (to me) to be accepted by the majority and often left unchecked until spoken out against I'd have to say that's an extreme end of the spectrum and not the norm around here. 

As with all other forms of social media and internet sites what we choose to engage in is entirely up to us-- I think it's sad that one would dismiss the entire forum due to a few bad actors or threads but such is life I wish you the best of luck.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sadie42 said:

I came from Audiokarma and was warned that this place is a dumpster fire. Moderators are rude and condescending, and see what appears to be at least two corporate shills, and there is no company tech presence to help people,

Really?

1 hour ago, Sadie42 said:

Audioholics has a nice message board and they have a section called The Steam Vent where you can talk politics or whatever, they just don’t allow personal insults. It’s a good group. I came from Audiokarma and was warned that this place is a dumpster fire. Moderators are rude and condescending, and see what appears to be at least two corporate shills, and there is no company tech presence to help people, so I think I’m finished here. Please delete my account. 

Like it or not folks, there is some truth to the quoted post. I'm not saying that any other forums are better, doubt it (I've never visited any other forum). This is the world we live in and we have our share of rude and inflammatory posts made my members and moderators. I think eventually many decent people here will give up and spend their spare time elsewhere -- I can think of several that already have.

I spent a great many years in a career that forced me to be in a very controlled environment. My philosophy was that I'd stay until they expected things of me that I wasn't willing to give. Same goes for my Klipsch forum career. When members become so annoying that I can't stand to even see their user names or the moderation gets so subjective, overbearing, and personal-- I'll just walk and let this place become whatever it is going to become. The show will go on; but we don't have to be either an actor or part of the audience. That's the beauty of it -- we can all walk away whenever we want to.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sadie42 said:

Unfortunately your facts are not accurate.

Audiokarma doesn't allow anything political, zero tolerance, because Grumpy had his IT person @Wardsweb create a separate political topic Forum. I think they did that in 2012. According to them, yes I know both of them, political just doesn't work, too divisive. Everyone here is free to go to the AK political Forum, or the Steam Vent, or Facebook, or Reddit or the many other outlets that provide for that kind of commentary. 

Audioholics is a general Audio Forum, proprietary. This is a free audio Forum run by a manufacturer. There are only two other such Forums, and neither allow political postings. In fact, the other speaker manufacturer doesn't even allow non-audio related.topics such as Covid-19. They posted a warning about this last Summer. It doesn't work.

Everybody knows everyone here, they know which moderators are Klipsch employees. Thus, they can't be "corporate shills." They are the real deal. The volunteer moderators are long time Klipsch fans, so yeah, you are going to get biased, pro-Klipsch moderators here, but would you expect anything else?

All of this begs the question, why did you "come over." 

Per your request, account deleted (and all posts).

Today I’m lucky - a light drizzle, no snow, 40 degrees. In turn my dumpster is merely smoldering, no fire present. However, like a good Scout my fire extinguisher is at the ready — .

Will the “shills” please step forward — 🥸

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Looking at what you pulled it appears that no sides were taken and all posts are obviously in jest as should be expected from jokers and clowns.  

Craft a ToS that says political "in jest" gets a pass, and how  Forum Members can objectively determine when it's in "jest" so they don't inadvertently respond to something not in jest. 

It technically isn't "in jest," what it actually was is satire (which is one of the most powerful forms of political speech) with the associated irony, political undertones, and humorous tone.

The simple solution to this is get rid of the Lounge section, this was the outcome in two other manufacturer's Forums. Or to lock/hide longstanding threads like CCC or What I Got Today and eventually it will go that direction if the Jokers and Clowns are allowed to continue.

14 minutes ago, richieb said:

Today I’m lucky - a light drizzle, no snow, 40 degrees. In turn my dumpster is merely smoldering, no fire present. However, like a good Scout my fire extinguisher is at the ready — .

Careful Rich, remember, you have a target on your back too.  LMAO. 

ufc 196 win GIF by Conor McGregor

13 minutes ago, richieb said:

You caught me, I love my speakers, I love the brand, I love the Company, its  employees, PWK and preserving his legacy. I love this Forum and its members.

I hate Bose, peddlers and people who announce they are leaving (just leave).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

and people who announce they are leaving (just leave).

C'Mon man ... I think we should always look at criticism to see if there is any truth to it.  Even if there isn't, we need to do some serious self-examination to figure out why this person thinks about us the way they do.  What have we said or done that would cause a person to form such an opinion of us?  That's healthy.  It's not always pleasant because we have to face up to the fact that we all, from time to time, act like jerks -- sometimes we don't even recognize that we're coming off that way.

I've also known people that have been critical of others for just "walking away" and not saying goodbye. I've stopped participating on this forum many times ... once for over a year ... I've been teased about suddenly stopping posting. Some view it as rude to just break off communication completely. 

you say you love the forum members, then respect all the varying opinions that they have not just the ones that you agree with. I think you should be wondering what has transpired to make that member think that moderators are rude and some are company shills. If the forum leadership holds this place in such high esteem then summarily dismissing members makes this place better how?  

There is also a misconception that horrible behavior is limited to posts about politics and that simply isn't true. The absolute worst thing that I've ever seen posted on this forum, that crossed the line further than I've EVER seen in my nearly 15 years on this forum pertained to someone's music preferences. So, eliminating the lounge won't turn jerks into wonderful people. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

C'Mon man ... 

If that isnt political speech right there I dont know what is and I'm deeply offended! Someone needs to put a target on this man's back stat!! 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

C'Mon man ... I think we should always look at criticism to see if there is any truth to it.  Even if there isn't, we need to do some serious self-examination to figure out why this person thinks about us the way they do.  What have we said or done that would cause a person to form such an opinion of us?  That's healthy.  It's not always pleasant because we have to face up to the fact that we all, from time to time, act like jerks -- sometimes we don't even recognize that we're coming off that way.

I've also known people that have been critical of others for just "walking away" and not saying goodbye. I've stopped participating on this forum many times ... once for over a year ... I've been teased about suddenly stopping posting. Some view it as rude to just break off communication completely. 

you say you love the forum members, then respect all the varying opinions that they have not just the ones that you agree with. I think you should be wondering what has transpired to make that member think that moderators are rude and some are company shills. If the forum leadership holds this place in such high esteem then summarily dismissing members makes this place better how?  

There is also a misconception that horrible behavior is limited to posts about politics and that simply isn't true. The absolute worst thing that I've ever seen posted on this forum, that crossed the line further than I've EVER seen in my nearly 15 years on this forum pertained to someone's music preferences. So, eliminating the lounge won't turn jerks into wonderful people. 

I read everyone of his 20 something posts since joining less than a month ago. I think I can figure out what he's all about, as anyone else here is from reading his posts.

I along with the other moderators look at all comments, criticism, commendations very closely, for precisely the reasons you outlined. 

As with everything, some carry more weight than others. 

3 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I read everyone of his 20 something posts since joining less than a month ago. I think I can figure out what he's all about, as anyone else here is from reading his posts.

I along with the other moderators look at all comments, criticism, commendations very closely, for precisely the reasons you outlined. 

As with everything, some carry more weight than others. 

you're probably right, that was the first post from that person that I've read. 

I'm glad that you and the mods read the criticism and comments otherwise we'd all feel that we were just visitors on your forum. I don't envy the position that you're in because we're all human and have a tendency to be stricter or more lenient depending on the how we view the other person -- and that creates a hypocrisy that is often more harmful than the actual offense we're dealing with and leaves scars that are visible much longer too. I've been in that position back in my working days when one day I'm one of the crew and the next day I'm in charge of that same crew. Once upon a time, in the coast guard, we got transferred when we were promoted to avoid being in such a position. It's hard to go from worker bee to boss, so coming to a new unit AS THE BOSS was often an easier transition. It's often easier to crack down on someone that you have little relationship with or someone that you particularly don't like than it is to crack down on your buddy that you've drank with, golfed with, went to ballgames with. the dual role of friend and boss isn't an easy one.  I think I'd have the same conflict as a mod here ... there are some that are my friends, some that I just know and like, some that I have zero relationship with ... they all must always to be treated the same; but human nature makes that challenging. 

This concludes this episode of philosopher's corner. Next week, we're talking about how a box of fruity pebbles prevented WWIII.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

This concludes this episode of philosopher's corner. Next week, we're talking about how a box of fruity pebbles prevented WWIII.

It did?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

It did?

it's a powerful cereal -- topped only by frosted mini-wheats.

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

it's a powerful cereal -- topped only by frosted mini-wheats.

Those both have prevented much chaos turmoil. 

• Like 1