WTB : Klipsch 70th Anniversary Heresy's (No Longer Interested)

sixspeed

In the market for and trying to hunt down 1 more pair of these to complete my all 70th Anniversary heritage music/theater system.

I am located in Northern NJ and am flexible regarding paying shipping including from overseas. Only interested in a very good to excellent condition pair, no major aesthetic issues like gouges/dents etc.

If you are looking to unload your pair, perhaps to upgrade to the Heresy IV or another model, let me know as I'd love to take them off your hands!!

Thanks for looking guys!

All the best,

six

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2021 at 8:36 AM, sixspeed said:

In the market for and trying to hunt down 1 more pair of these to complete my all 70th Anniversary heritage music/theater system.

70 pairs in the World --

70th Anniversary Heresy III Facebook

Tell me something I don't know lol.

I bought the 4 in my system 3 years ago (KHorn 70s and Heresy 70s). And I love the finish, look but most of all the sound of them. I don't wanna sell them and start over with KHorn AK6s and IVs; I'd lose too much money in the process.

I have seen them come up on Audiomarts multiple times. Most are here in the US so it's not unreasonable to the last pair I need for surrounds.

Those Forte's look nice but too big for where I need 2 more of these in my system, totally different crossover, slightly different drivers and aesthetically not a good match.

Otherwise I'd have just gotten a Hersey IV by now but the drivers/crossover are too different it would not be a good sonic match, nor a perfect aesthetic match either. So I wanna do this right :)

Edited by sixspeed

1 minute ago, RandyH000 said:

Wow ,  70th  khorns and Heresy  70th  ------Very rare indeed -  you would'nt be interested in 70'th khorns -------

I know! Things just fell into place and purchased both new at the same time while also moving into my new house at the time. Always wanted to get Horns high efficiency speakers for a while too having owned mainly dynamic basic cone/woofer box designs like B&Ws for a long time.

The KHorn 70s are beautiful, basically an "AK5.5" with the closed back like the new 6s. Yeah sadly no, just wouldn't work in my room/space as I use the KHorns as my main L/R speakers and as the primary speakers for music listening. One Heresy is my center channel and the other is a center back surround run literally as old school Dolby LCRS for movie stuff, it sounds amazing. Really doesn't sound like only one speaker is in the surround with the midrange horn dispersion but I am missing a bit of the side to side element in the back with just single speaker monophonic surround, but it's still really great. Worked out since I couldn't make a Cornwall/La Scala work for the front center due to cabinet/furniture type considerations but Hersey blends in seamlessly with the matching KHorns. The front LCR front soundstage and power is amazing.

Been running it like this for a few years now and have been very happy. It's really only very recently that I have decided to want to add the side/corner surrounds for "6.1". And should I ever wanna add Atmos, I'll probably just have 4 CDT 5800 IIs installed in the ceiling. The latter is more long term down the road, for now I'm very happy but the extra surrounds would just take movie watching up a notch. For music right now it's perfect though. I really enjoy listening music in 3 channel stereo. Actually even have some of those discrete 3-Channel Jazz SACDs, those are just mesmerizing, sounds like the band is in the room with you and you can pick them all out from L to R. Great stuff.

Thanks for your interest!!

• 2 months later...

Still trying to acquire a pair of these, so thought I'd bump this after a few months that I am still interested incase anyone has a pair available for purchase!

So far I have had 1 PM response from a scammer here, and 1 response from a scammer on Audiogon. I'm not renewing the Audiogon ad. 0 for 2 lol.

Will give this about another week or 2 before I ultimately look to go in another direction, a far more expensive one. I ended up selling 2 GPUs I had on eBay taking advantage of the mining markup prices right now to have the extra funds in place incase I end up going that route. But much prefer this plan of course.

Anyway if anyone has a pair they may want to sell, perhaps to make room to upgrade to a new Heritage model let me know! I will give you top dollar for it, especially if they're in great condition.

Thanks so much for looking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sixspeed said:

Still trying to acquire a pair of these, so thought I'd bump this after a few months that I am still interested incase anyone has a pair available for purchase!

So far I have had 1 PM response from a scammer here, and 1 response from a scammer on Audiogon. I'm not renewing the Audiogon ad. 0 for 2 lol.

Will give this about another week or 2 before I ultimately look to go in another direction, a far more expensive one. I ended up selling 2 GPUs I had on eBay taking advantage of the mining markup prices right now to have the extra funds in place incase I end up going that route. But much prefer this plan of course.

Anyway if anyone has a pair they may want to sell, perhaps to make room to upgrade to a new Heritage model let me know! I will give you top dollar for it, especially if they're in great condition.

Thanks so much for looking.

There are numerous Facebook pages and groups where you can look for these.  Much bigger exposure than this forum.