Cornwall I's - Yamaha A-S801 or Schiit Saga+ and Vidar?

Cornwill Is

I'm considering upgrading my vintage 1970's amplifier with something nice, but not too expensive. Something in the $1,000ish range.

I'm looking at either the Yamaha A-S801 with built-in pre-amp and DAC, or the Schiit Modi 3 DAC, Saga+ pre-amp and Vidar amplifier. There is probably no reasonable way to for me to listen to either setup with my vintage Klipsch's, but perhaps some of you have experience with one, the other or both; and would be willing to talk abouth your experiences.

P.S. I'm open to other systems. Looking for advice and hoping someone can point me in the right direction!!

15 hours ago, willland said:

See if mods can delete this thread and just have the one in the 2 Channel Forum.

Bill

Yes Bill. As a new user it took me a minute to learn that this wasn't the proper forum for the original post. I tried to delete it, but was unable to. Moderators, please delete this in its entirety. It's posted in the Two Channel Forum, so no need here.