Newbie seeking advice

VeeJay

Hello,

I am looking for some advice on right system for an area of around 18*11 feet. I currently have a Vizio Dolby Atmos system but am not too happy with that.

I am looking to spend around $1200.

Please recommend what could be my options, open for refurbished options as well.

Thank you!

Welcome, some more info will help give you more options....do you have any gear that can be used in your new system, receiver, sub, cables? Is this for movies, TV, music?

Your location, used can be a big money saver, but some of the prepared systems Klipsch sells are very good. You mentioned Atmos, would you prefer to have a better quality 3 or 5 channel home theater, or a bigger system with Atmos but less quality speakers? 

There are a few ways to go, are you willing to piece together a system, or prefer a quicker package deal?

Occasionally, we see someone selling an older hi quality speaker pair, a $2800 new pair for $1000, would something like that and a $200-$300 used AVR interest you? It might take some time to find a deal, but you would eventually end up with a much nicer system, but with added hassle.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, VeeJay said:

Hello,

I am looking for some advice on right system for an area of around 18*11 feet. I currently have a Vizio Dolby Atmos system but am not too happy with that.

Please recommend what could be my options, open for refurbished options as well.

Thank you!

Given the size of your space

I would think about 5.1

You would have to experiment with the TV on the long wall and short wall

I would try it both ways

Photo of your space is helpful.

If you don't own a good 7.1 receiver,

you can get used for very little around 10 years old

Pre HDMI is even less for a great amp

I like THX rated

DTS Master is good enough IMHO

• Like 1

Thank you so much for this info. I have a boxed Yamaha TSR-700 7.1-Channel receiver which I am gonna use and have a 75" QLED TV which is hooked with Vizio. It is basically an open area which I am planning to use as my space.

Also, I am open for both options like a package deal or open to piece everything together. Atmos is not a preference for me. and I am looking for 5.1 or 7.1 system.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VeeJay said:

Thank you so much for this info. I have a boxed Yamaha TSR-700 7.1-Channel receiver which I am gonna use and have a 75" QLED TV which is hooked with Vizio. It is basically an open area which I am planning to use as my space.

Also, I am open for both options like a package deal or open to piece everything together. Atmos is not a preference for me. and I am looking for 5.1 or 7.1 system.

Sounds like you will have some funds for some Klipsch speakers then. While waiting, do you have any models in mind?

Welcome!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, VeeJay said:

That Yamaha should do well. If you diligent, you can piece together a very nice system with used gear. The classifieds on here has quite a few listings, FB, CL, and a few audio sites can keep you busy looking. Maybe look for something in the Klipsch Reference(R)  or Reference Premier (RP) lines from the last few years. That's the good thing about quality speakers, even an older speaker can still be worthwhile, some even prefer older stuff. Can you give us your location? Someone might be close and know about a deal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VeeJay said:

No specific model in mind though would prefer bookshelf speakers so to conserve space

What do you think about those bookshelves listed above, or are you thinking new? Since you are doing Home theatre, you will want a center that matches close for sound and looks. Color black or other and a subwoofer...5.1 

Anything else in mind?

2 hours ago, VeeJay said:

I am in Plano, TX

Are these close? 

1 hour ago, SonicSeeker said:

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ele/d/dallas-klipsch-rp-600m-bookshelf/7277180761.html

This seems like a decent start localy if you want bookshelf speakers.

I saw other Klipsch bookshelf speakers and a couple centers listed also.

Awesome speakers. There 's a couple center channel speakers that match those. 

• Like 1

Agree if you can find 4 matching Ref series book shelf

and a R center that is a match or better it is probably your best bet

Front firing R series 12in sub, I prefer in front of the TV

Do some homework, and feel free to check back here if you are not sure about a model or price

I would be willing to pay a reasonable premium for a complete system, first owner in good condition, with boxes is better.

Be prepared to move fast for the right deal.

Good hunting........

On 2/19/2021 at 6:26 PM, VeeJay said:

Hello,

Thank you!

Here's an awesome deal on a complete Klipsch system....

• Like 1