Advice on a Mixed Set of KP301s

Outrider 6

I’m a big Chorus fan and a set of KP-301s is available to me from the original owner. One is an original-301 and the other is a version II.

There’s another nice -301 thread on the Two Channel Forum talking about experiences with a mixed set of -301s.  So I’m pretty sure that a mixed set won’t be much of a problem.

Normally I’d avoid the asymmetry, but the price is enticing and the differences seem inconsequential. I’m willing to mod these if that makes sense. So before I go down this road...

Did I miss something here?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and consideration.

This is also cross-posted in Two Channel.  My bad, as it hadn’t occurred to me that this could be the better venue.

3/2/21 update.  Two channel forum jumped all over this.  The central issue turns on running changes within the -301 line.  My v1 and v2 appear to have the same motor board.  Tweeter and squawker lenses appear identical.  The woofers are definitely different parts, as are the terminal receptacles. Haven’t been inside them yet.  They do sound good, though.