Analog Ethos amp kits

tube fanatic

The EL34 kit uses good parts and iron. Should sound excellent when assembled. Not much choice these days for someone wanting learn and build a tube kit. I lived in the day when there were many choices. I even assembled a television kit in the 60's. Good luck finding a television kit these days. Looks like a good way for someone to get into diy electronics and be rewarded with excellent sound.  

On 2/20/2021 at 7:54 AM, henry4841 said:

The EL34 kit uses good parts and iron. Should sound excellent when assembled. Not much choice these days for someone wanting learn and build a tube kit. I lived in the day when there were many choices. I even assembled a television kit in the 60's. Good luck finding a television kit these days. Looks like a good way for someone to get into diy electronics and be rewarded with excellent sound.  

I think there are a bunch of choices these days - while there may not be as many kits as there were in the 1960s (I'll admit I wasn't yet around) - between these kits, Elekit, Bottlehead, the numerous Dynakit clones out there (Bob Latino plus others), the unnamed board mounted kits from TubeDepot, Transcendent Sound, ANK Kits, the dozens of low-cost options from China on Ebay and Amazon, and countless others I likely missed.  I do like the manuals for these kits includes electronic theory as opposed to simply "solder this here", but one could hope that this concept spreads to other players in the market, but based upon what I've seen, there is a solid number of choices out there across the complexity, cost, power, and appearance spectrum.