WTB: Single Woofer for Heresy 2 K-24-K

jfjacques

Hello - 

Recently acquired a project pair of H2, they are walnut oiled - they were original owner but I don't believe they were ever dusted or cleaned well. I am trying to inexpensively and slowly refurbish them for my teenage son and set them up in our basement. 

One of the woofers had a small tear, I am trying to glue/patch, but would prefer to replace it if anyone had a "spare" in stock they were willing to part with for reasonable (knowing it would have to be shipped to Maine). 

I will also eventually replace the grill cloth and replace the caps as funds allow. 

Thanks in advance! 

James 

IMG_0715.PNG

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0714.PNG

IMG_0711.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2021 at 12:10 AM, scallywagger77 said:

Find one yet? I’ve been either looking for another one to make a pair or parting with the one I have.  Probably time to do the later since I’ve had this one for a while.

You have a pool in MAINE, Isn’t that about the coldest place on the planet?  lol

LOL yes a pool in Maine! House came with a nice inground pool - we use it heavily June-August and then its just too cold at night to maintain the temp.... it wouldn't be a good investment but where the house had one we do enjoy it! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jfjacques said:

LOL yes a pool in Maine! House came with a nice inground pool - we use it heavily June-August and then its just too cold at night to maintain the temp.... it wouldn't be a good investment but where the house had one we do enjoy it! 

Also I have not yet found one! I also see you are from Ooltewah! I have worked for Unum for 20 years and I've been to Chattanooga hundreds of times - lovely area! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ummagumma-89 said:

I also just picked up a pair of h 2's for 160 bucks. One of the woofers has a tear. I'm in Ontario Canada though and don't want to spend an arm and a leg. I just may go with the eminence deltas instead.

OR....

You could give Gentec a call and see about the H3 upgrade kit. In for a penny, in for a pound. Oh yah, we don’t have pennies anymore. But if you are going to chuck a couple of Bordens on new woofers anyway?

And if you are anywhere near Markham you can pick them up and save shipping. (Exceptions may apply depending on what dart toss of a “colour zone” we wind up in when your package arrives, lol)

6 hours ago, geoff. said:

OR....

You could give Gentec a call and see about the H3 upgrade kit. In for a penny, in for a pound. Oh yah, we don’t have pennies anymore. But if you are going to chuck a couple of Bordens on new woofers anyway?

And if you are anywhere near Markham you can pick them up and save shipping. (Exceptions may apply depending on what dart toss of a “colour zone” we wind up in when your package arrives, lol)

See, I ahould have joined the forum earlier. This weekend I finally got my cambrodge audio axr100 and determined very quickly that something was wrong with the tweeters. Sure enough previous owner superglued 4 ohm pyle bookshelf tweeters to the horn. It was all squaker. More than usual lol. Amp only plays nice with 8 ohms. Already ordered some tweeters. Had i known about the h3 kit, I would have considered. The plan was to keep the price down as the cabinets are not exactly perfect.

Did not work out so well. Plus I have already changed the caps. Appreciate the advice though

On 3/2/2021 at 7:19 AM, ummagumma-89 said:

See, I ahould have joined the forum earlier. This weekend I finally got my cambrodge audio axr100 and determined very quickly that something was wrong with the tweeters. Sure enough previous owner superglued 4 ohm pyle bookshelf tweeters to the horn. It was all squaker. More than usual lol. Amp only plays nice with 8 ohms. Already ordered some tweeters. Had i known about the h3 kit, I would have considered. The plan was to keep the price down as the cabinets are not exactly perfect.

Did not work out so well. Plus I have already changed the caps. Appreciate the advice though

Thanks I've heard good things about the H3 upgrade, at this point looking for inexpensive fix to get them going as-is. 

On 3/1/2021 at 6:19 AM, ummagumma-89 said:

I also just picked up a pair of h 2's for 160 bucks. One of the woofers has a tear. I'm in Ontario Canada though and don't want to spend an arm and a leg. I just may go with the eminence deltas instead.

even better , you can purchase a K28 -K  which is the Heresy 3-4  woofer from Klipsch -----they are not expensive at all-------call Gentec Canada -

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

even better , you can purchase a K28 -K  which is the Heresy 3-4  woofer from Klipsch -----they are not expensive at all-------call Gentec Canada -

is that not a 4 ohm speaker though? I recently purchased a cambridge audio axr-100 and my tweeters in the heresy 2's stopped working as soon as i hooked them up. 

I pulled them out to look at them, sure enough the previous owner glued Pyle car tweeters onto the horns (there is no removable back on the h2's, i never noticed the past few months ive had them). they were 4 ohms. converting to 4 ohm is going to be a hassle

2 hours ago, ummagumma-89 said:

is that not a 4 ohm speaker though?

the k-28 is 4 ohms  , but what of it  ? , a lot of Heresy 2 crossover  cups say  4ohms  ---check your cup --whether round or square they are identical -the k28 is way better than a k22 or k24  , no comparison -

Klipsch Heresy II crossover pair

• 1 month later...

No longer needed thanks - one of my friends was over and we were listening to music and I gave him a fair price on the Heresy and he wants to slowly rebuild and ordered Crites woofer replacements - everyone is happy and he has his first pair of Klipsch! 

Thanks always for the great guidance and reach out!