Kg 3.5 or new R-51M for surround sides?

Micklipsch

Initially this’ll be a 5.2 with bi-amped L/R, likely to add a pair of heights at a later time  for 7.2 while keeping the fronts bi’d. But looking for opinions on which speaker to go with for rear surround channels that’ll be inline with the sides of the couch, facing the seating positions. The bookshelfs would be on stands. 

I’ve had both of those speakers, the R-51m are super impressive for their size and I think sound more “detailed” and “refined” but the 8” woofer on the KG3.5 puts out a decent amount of bass. Depends how you like your surrounds and also as mentioned, what you have up front.

Apologies for the late response and thanks for the replies. Front stage is Epic CF4s and a KV4. I ended up going with a pair of R-41M for the surrounds, new in box for <$100. Couldn’t really beat it and they’re the preferred form factor for this particular space. Going with towers like the kg’s would’ve resulted in the right side’s woofer being mostly obstructed by a couch. 

I’m finally on the tail end of things, needing to just run the auto calibration then fine tune/ tweak stuff. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Micklipsch said:

I ended up going with a pair of R-41M for the surrounds, new in box for <$100. 

Nice pickup! I’m in a similar boat with space for surrounds. Would love to have some towers but only have the space on wall. Currently running RS-3s. They are EH! But for the space it works.

Also are you running an AVR or separates?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Njpurvis28 said:

Nice pickup! I’m in a similar boat with space for surrounds. Would love to have some towers but only have the space on wall. Currently running RS-3s. They are EH! But for the space it works.

Also are you running an AVR or separates?

AVR. Pioneer SC-57. It’s pretty stout. I’ll still probably tag a power amp for the Epics when Emotiva has a sale.