Help me with klipsch speakers

Taap bassi

1 minute ago, billybob said:

Help him Carl...

After looking at that picture, I don't know if i have the patience. LOL.

OP, there should be easy to interpret diagrams that came with your speakers and your receiver.  I suggest taking a look at them.  If you have neither manual, they can be found online.

• Like 1

After looking at that picture, I don't know if i have the patience. LOL.

OP, there should be easy to interpret diagrams that came with your speakers and your receiver.  I suggest taking a look at them.  If you have neither manual, they can be found online.

I don’t think I have the documents is there anyway someone can hook it up for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Taap bassi said:

I don’t think I have the documents is there anyway someone can hook it up for me?

You can do this.  I've not jumped in because you've already got expert guidance from the other guys here.

The secret is to go slow and not think about how complicated this is.  Just do one wire pair  at a time, ie Right OUT on the Yamaha to the right-side speaker,

The one thing I might clarify is it looks like your speaker wire is twisted inside the sheath.  That is a bit unusual, but perfectly OK.  What @billybob wants you to do is to cut the plastic sheath back 2-3 inches AND THEN twist the Red wire so you can wrap it around the binding posts, and then do the same to the other wire.

+++

I looked very carefully at the picture of the speaker wires.  One wire is going to have a marking on it, probably a light blue stripe.  Call this the RED wire.  So connect RED on the AVR to the RED on the speaker.  The AVR will tell you LEFT and RIGHT speakers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, wvu80 said:

You can do this.  I've not jumped in because you've already got expert guidance from the other guys here.

The secret is to go slow and not think about how complicated this is.  Just do one wire pair  at a time, ie Right OUT on the Yamaha to the right-side speaker,

The one thing I might clarify is it looks like your speaker wire is twisted inside the sheath.  That is a bit unusual, but perfectly OK.  What @billybob wants you to do is to cut the plastic sheath back 2-3 inches AND THEN twist the Red wire so you can wrap it around the binding posts, and then do the same to the other wire.

It's all yours now...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, billybob said:

Make certain splice is correct.

Also put electrical tape around those splices.  They are not off-set by a few inches and it looks like they would easily touch the +/- resulting in the AVR going into thermal shutdown.

• Like 1