La Scala II - Portland, OR- $4750

Limberpine

39 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

These aren't beaters. Still, that's a lot of jingle for used speakers. 

But, they are LS2, and other than the fact that they are finished in black, and considering todays market,  the price is justified, IMO.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 12:11 PM, RandyH000 said:

2 pairs of LS2  for 5k$ -   even better , right --so we can conclude that the price of LS II are selling around the 5k$ mark  in 2021 -

Nope, but posting misinformation like that might have newer members over paying for the speakers that they buy, which is a disservice to fellow members who are buying. As Schu said, he paid less than $3k for his, and they were in natural wood finish. wstrickland offered his for $3.5k, and they are Walnut, and natural wood finish fetch higher prices. The spreadsheet, that a member has put a lot of work into, has the average price of the LaScala II at ~ $2,800. 

Right ,  the actual selling price is closer to 5k$  -and one cannot buy a Mint pair of LSII for 2800$ in 2021 -

so , if I recapitulate ,  I was not misinforming  forum members ,  have a wonderful day -   Randy -

• Like 1

$2,800 for LSII's....don't hold your breath.  I don't doubt the accuracy of the spreadsheet...I appreciate the effort put into it, but is it complete??  Real-world prices are higher - a lot higher lately; end of story.  Original LS's are selling for near $3k.  LSII's are a marked step up from them and not much different than the new AL5's, which retail for $12k.  I paid $5k for black ash LSII's in good condition, requiring simple tweeter diaphragm replacements.  I'm happy with that number and most other people should too.  There's always low ballers that think their gear is worth more than anyone else's, yet think yours is worth nothing.  Who cares what they think..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Limberpine said:

As a data point I bought my LS1 for $1000. I would certainly call thay price an outlier though from the prices I have seen since purchasing them. 

I know what you mean about the outliers but I don't judge that.  The numbers are the numbers, nothing personal.

Could you add a little info about your LS's?  s/n if you have that, year, finish, condition, and in what region or town were they bought.  Thanks!  -Dave

45 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I know what you mean about the outliers but I don't judge that.  The numbers are the numbers, nothing personal.

Could you add a little info about your LS's?  s/n if you have that, year, finish, condition, and in what region or town were they bought.  Thanks!  -Dave

Pics attached. I bought them in Portland, OR. Condition was really good. Couple scratches and just a teensy bit of the bichbplywood peeling on one back corner. 

20210401_082723.jpg

20210401_082624.jpg

20210401_082549.jpg

• Thanks 1