I found “replicas” of klipschorn? Any info pls??

Eroman661

Hello first I own original Klipsch RF-7 series for my home theater and RP-600m for a two channel. I recently got to hear someone’s La Scalas using a Luxman, this was my first La Scala experience and wow it was a treat! So I’ve been looking for a pair but came across these mystery replicas of klipschorn for sale for a few hundred and the only info is they told me they were purchased 20-25yrs ago and a few pics for me to see(I’ll attach them) I have no idea if this is worth jumping on since they are huge and I will need to transport and find someplace to put them. So many questions I can’t find anything online but in the pics it shows a Atlas Sound PD-4v horn driver. If anyone knows and can shed light on this find please let me know! Thanks in advance 

A6DDB791-152A-4ACB-973E-9A7F0D0D6C03.jpeg

DE6913B0-9638-42E4-AB51-D9423BFFD3EA.jpeg

Looking at the pick of the driver, You can see see the mid horn is fiberglass. I will amost guarantee they are Speakerlab K speakers. The crossovers are from them as well. The cabinets look well made, and could work as well as genuine KHorns.  The drivers may need to be changer for best performance. If you don't mind them not being genuine Klipsch, you would have to dscide if thwy are worth the work.

The PD-4v isn't as nice as the PD-5V Klipsch used, but as I said, the cabinets look well made. Others one here have gone this route to get into corner horns.

You would have to decide it is worth it, and realize you would probably want to swap out some parts rather quickly. 

The former Speakerlab is still in business, now known as

http://slspeakers.com

You can peruse old catalogs and find info on the SpeakerlabK. I know they have one in the '77 catalog.

Welcome to the forums, btw.

Bruce