CL: Pair of Vintage Klipsch Chorus II - $600 (Cambridge, MD)

Alexander

3 hours ago, Outrider 6 said:

These sold quickly. I was #4 in line 12 hours after they were posted.

Tells you that they are not worth $600 at this moment in that area, right? Unless somehow their selling 4+ pairs per day! How many days anything sits at a given price determines true value, not dollars. I have never seen a pair of "good" Chorus II listed for sale >$800, north of the Mason/Dixon Line, that were not vapor within 3 days. When you see them listed for $1200-$2000 they still sell, but for how much and after how long? Like money in the bank, do you need the cash today?

On 2/26/2021 at 9:55 AM, EpicKlipschFan said:

very good "reasonable" price... but according to some, these are worth $1500... LOL! 

Dirt cheap 4 year old price. Chorus going for at least $1200 in decent shape in Nashville IF you get lucky. Tons of people leaving high cost of living and high crime/cost of government areas locating here. So many it is scary to be honest and I wonder if that is why speakers are hard to find and expensive here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Dirt cheap 4 year old price. Chorus going for at least $1200 in decent shape in Nashville IF you get lucky. Tons of people leaving high cost of living and high crime/cost of government areas locating here. So many it is scary to be honest and I wonder if that is why speakers are hard to find and expensive here.

Gentrification. Only good when your leaving town, sold everything you own to the newbies, and have nothing left but a suitcase of money to take with you.

11 minutes ago, Dave A said:

4 year old price?  

guess it all depends on location & im sure the reasonable prices are becoming harder & harder to find in all areas.  but like ive said before, the current prices for newer model klipsch doesnt help that much,  people see forte 3 & 4s for $3-$4 grand & think their forte 1/2 are worth $1000+. LOL! 

i guess im "lucky" in the midwest,  we dont have tons of rich people coming here from high cost/bad government areas,  we have lots criminals & gangsters coming here for low income housing from high crime bad government areas!  at least the speaker prices are still low... for now!  ;)

• Like 1

A pair of Walnut Chorus 1's just sold here in the Seattle area for $500-- I was second in line emailed the guy about 30 minutes after the listing was posted and they were gone immediately. About a week later the same pair of speakers were back up for sale for $850-- I did not contact the guy but the listing was updating with "pending" within a day and the listing was gone soon after that.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 1:08 PM, jjptkd said:

A pair of Walnut Chorus 1's just sold here in the Seattle area for $500-- I was second in line emailed the guy about 30 minutes after the listing was posted and they were gone immediately. About a week later the same pair of speakers were back up for sale for $850-- I did not contact the guy but the listing was updating with "pending" within a day and the listing was gone soon after that.

Had to make an account to respond to this - Given the timing this must be me :) I have been meaning to upgrade from my KG4s for years and decided to pull the trigger on those Choruses. I'm loving them and thought I got a fair (certainly not great) deal - ah well!