Klipschorns (DFW)

J M O N

8 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

^^^ How about my den where they’ll only be 8 feet apart?

It’s 400 square feet minimum, so, I could flip the room, if necessary, for wider spacing.

La Scalas are 8 feet apart now, from inner tip of each; longer if measured from outer edge, or center...

While maybe not ideal for spacing, they could sound great. If your LS are 8'  between them, they're about 11' center to center. How far apart would they be if the room was flipped?   Your distance to the speaker is just as important. 

The way I see a potential speaker purchase, If it's the speaker I want, I'll make my room work as best I can.

• Like 1

Cm,

Thanks for answering here, in stead of my pm, so others can read your answer...

Pretty much as far as desired, they could go say 13 feet apart. I’m thinking of staying with the La Scala spread, and having false corners built, because I’ve about one and a half good corners now.

Going to have more precise measurements done by the contractors...but, that’s gov’t enough for close work, for now...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

5K for AA Khorns?  Way too much by double.  And that's taking into account that Klipsch in Texas is about 20% higher than the rest of the country.  California is 20% higher as well.

According to my Heritage Prices spreadsheet Khorns average $2200.  $2500 is not a crazy high number.  $5000 is crazy high.

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2020-11.xlsx 349.11 kB · 64 downloads

can’t get spreadsheet to download 

• Like 1