Anyone ready for spring?

nickyboy6100

• Moderators
4 hours ago, nickyboy6100 said:

Man, the weather is finally starting to warm up around here. Winter hasn’t been too bad just a lot of rain and grey days. February is very depressing in the Midwest. Looking forward to longer days and warmer temps. 

Yes, being on Spring

What did Phil say about this? 

6 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Computerized Phil?

Hell in a handbasket. 

I'm not sure, computer generated, virtual, or robotic, they said using a live groundhog will soon be over.

Imagine when someone first thought up this tradition....we want you to reach into this tree and grab that groundhog 😬

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I guess the world is coming to everyone at home on the computer! 

I am ready for Spring, and I plan to spend as much time as possible on my boat.  Although we have WIFI at the marina, I do not take a computer to the marina, and there is no cable TV.  It is just like it was 25 years ago, so it is kind of a respite from the modern world.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Seadog said:

I am ready for Spring, and I plan to spend as much time as possible on my boat.  Although we have WIFI at the marina, I do not take a computer to the marina, and there is no cable TV.  It is just like it was 25 years ago, so it is kind of a respite from the modern world.

That sounds wonderful. I visit one of my brothers at his lake house in Tennessee, Dale Hallow Lake. I like the idea of having absolutely no cell service, are all lakes like that? 😄

• Like 1

Just now, Ceptorman said:

That sounds wonderful. I visit one of my brothers at his lake house in Tennessee, Dale Hallow Lake. I like the idea of having absolutely no cell service, are all lakes like that? 😄

We do have cell service, and most lakes around here do.  That has become almost a necessity these days, but at least we can get away from a computer screen and cable news for a while.

1 minute ago, Seadog said:

We do have cell service, and most lakes around here do.  That has become almost a necessity these days, but at least we can get away from a computer screen and cable news for a while.

It must be his area, it in the hills. It's beautiful, but not much around. 

• Like 1

Mid 50's around here this weekend and rain coming thru so it's about over here.  Next stage a re-freeze, maybe more snow at some point then we're done til next winter.  Winter's aren't what they used to be 15 years ago.  Beginning to think I wasted $1100 on that big 2X Cub Cadet snow blower I bought when I quit plowing w/my buddies big Suburban.  That thing didn't break a sweat movin that 10" we had.  Will be nice when it warms up so I can sit out back w/the system cranked pi$$ing off the neighbors.  :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I take that you prefer to put your boat in the water as opposed to going out ON the water... 

even for having lived in IN.... ice fishing is the epitome of cabin fever.... Even if the ice is biting

I have most of the equipment for ice fishing but rarely go.  I'd much rather be on the lake wearing shorts and floating in my boat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1