Anyone ready for spring?

nickyboy6100

15 hours ago, beerguy said:

I moved to St Petersburg Florida from New Hampshire in August. Pandemic aside, the most lovely winter I have ever had. It is starting to hit low 80's right now. Ruined forever, I'll take the heat over the cold.

Won't be long and you'll be taking summer vacations back in New Hampshire!  Beautiful country up there.  Have a LF in Naples w/a beautiful home, pool and everything she needs.  Yet EVERY summer is spent in Ohio just to get outta the Florida heat & humidity.  With a nick like "beerguy" though I think you just might survive the heat!  😂

Welcome to the Forum!  :)

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2021 at 6:44 AM, Ceptorman said:

Dale Hallow Lake

I cover that area for work (about 100 miles from my home).  It was assigned to me because the prior person.....essentially never went there.  Boss knows I'll make the road trip.  When I was talking to the county HR, one thing I said was they are off the path and to get there, someone really has to WANT to get there.  You don't just casually "swing by" that area.

I really enjoy my time (pre-covid) when I could be in that area.

12 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I cover that area for work (about 100 miles from my home).  It was assigned to me because the prior person.....essentially never went there.  Boss knows I'll make the road trip.  When I was talking to the county HR, one thing I said was they are off the path and to get there, someone really has to WANT to get there.  You don't just casually "swing by" that area.

I really enjoy my time (pre-covid) when I could be in that area.

It is out there a ways, but it's so darn peaceful, and the folks around there are very nice. It's beautiful country. But don't get in a hurry, because nothing happens there quickly. He built a lake house there for a weekend getaway, but now that he's retired, he spends almost all his time there. It's 4 hours from Indy. 

• Like 1

I used to live in the general area....Elkhart, IN.. I can remember it snowing once late in May.  That was in the '60's

I'm not ready for Spring.I have some dirt needing turned before it gets much nicer.  I hate cold weather and get reminded of it every AM. We may see high teen/low 20's tomorrow AM.  It will warm dramatically over the day... We should see high 60's.. maybe low 70's

And I do have some flowers popping blooms. Narcissus and daffodils. Hyacinth will be along in a week or so...    

gardening in this particular location is tough. Too hot and too cold in the same day for some things    

• Like 1

10 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I used to live in the general area....Elkhart, IN.. I can remember it snowing once late in May.  That was in the '60's

I'm not ready for Spring.I have some dirt needing turned before it gets much nicer.  I hate cold weather and get reminded of it every AM. We may see high teen/low 20's tomorrow AM.  It will warm dramatically over the day... We should see high 60's.. maybe low 70's

And I do have some flowers popping blooms. Narcissus and daffodils. Hyacinth will be along in a week or so...    

gardening in this particular location is tough. Too hot and too cold in the same day for some things    

Put a location in your avatar

nothing too specific

Guessing south of the Mason Dixon.......

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 3/1/2021 at 7:53 AM, Bubo said:
On 2/28/2021 at 8:58 PM, grasshopper said:

Put a location in your avatar

Yes a long way from the Mason Dixon line, he can almost throw a rock into Mexico. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

here in the Pacific Northwest the weather this past week has been nice.  it's about time, those poor rioters shouldn't have to be outside in crappy weather. 

There's normally enough fires going to keep them warm.  I wouldn't worry about it.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

here in the Pacific Northwest the weather this past week has been nice.  it's about time, those poor rioters shouldn't have to be outside in crappy weather. 

we have snow , and rioters dont like cold weather --one peaceful day , looks like it  -

• Like 1

Active Weather Alerts

Freeze Warning
Issued: 8:44 AM Apr. 21, 2021 – National Weather Service
...FREEZE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT CDT /1 AM EDT/
TONIGHT TO 9 AM CDT /10 AM EDT/ THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Sub-freezing temperatures in the mid 20s expected.

* WHERE...All of northern Illinois and northwest Indiana.

* WHEN...From midnight CDT tonight to 9 AM CDT Thursday.

* IMPACTS...Frost and freeze conditions will kill crops, other
sensitive vegetation and possibly damage unprotected outdoor
plumbing.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Take steps now to protect tender plants from the cold. To prevent
freezing and possible bursting of outdoor water pipes they should
be wrapped, drained, or allowed to drip slowly. Those that have
in-ground sprinkler systems should drain them and cover above-
ground pipes to protect them from freezing.
  • Thanks 1