Covid Vax, who's got it? and Worried About Side Effects?

kevinmi

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

why would they want to kill me ... I'm not that important. 

my cousin is afraid that they'll plant a microchip in her.  again I say, why do they need to track her? besides they already know her whereabouts from her cell phone ... and probably smart tv.

you are not important but you are taking up space and resources, you are a huge liability and that's a good enough reason. gotta cull the herd.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, moray james said:

you are not important but you are taking up space and resources, you are a huge liability and that's a good enough reason. gotta cull the herd.

Are you serious? I certainly hope not 'cause that a dismal point of view. Must be an awful way to see things. That's coming from a confirmed misanthrope.

1 hour ago, geezin' said:

Are you serious? I certainly hope not 'cause that a dismal point of view. Must be an awful way to see things. That's coming from a confirmed misanthrope.

I think you missed the point of their conversation.

Shot #1 on board.  Pfizer with just a sore arm.  Shot #2 tomorrow morning.  We will see what tomorrow brings.  A sore arm and or flu symptoms are a whole lot better than a dirt nap any way you look at it.  

• Like 2

I had the second Pfizer shot on Tuesday at one of the Cleveland Clinic hospitals. They set the whole thing up in a vacant building about 10,000 square feet for appointments only. There was a huge parking lot with no problem finding a space with people giving directions. All the inside stuff went like clockwork. The whole operation was brilliantly organized from MyChart information to appointment times and choice of 5 hospitals. In fact it was organized so well I still can't believe it. They even told people (MyChart) to wear short sleeved shirts so they would not have to wait while you disrobed. After the shot (jab for British people) you sat in a chair area with a fifteen minute timer. If you had a partner with you there were two chair areas set up special. There was a multitude of nurses to help disabled people in wheelchairs, etc. The check in had two computers and one nurse at a table for people that could not use a computer. There were two other nurses to help people use the computer. Another nurse was the traffic director to tell you which booth to get your shot. There was a doctor and a nurse in each booth and the doctor gave the shot while the nurse did the computer. There were about 10 booths. When you left the booth you walked to the end of the booth area and another nurse gave you a timer and took you to your chair. Before you sat down there were another nurse that wiped the chair before you sat down. This was duplicated in two columns. When the timer dinged off you handed the timer to the nurse who wiped it off again and then you washed your hands and left the building. So about 10 minutes getting the shot and 15 minutes sitting time.

Like Cole Younger used to say, "It's a wonderment".

JJK

• Like 1

My wife received her first shot this evening.  Pfizer.  She is 40.  She's going to be a PCA for a friend's kid this summer and apparently that got her on the list.  Me, at 45, no idea when I'll be able to get one. 

wife has had both shots.  felt fine after first one.  ~8 hours after second one she had some slight chills and muscle soreness. gone after a day. 

looking forward to mine -- but apparently a work at home accountant is more 'essential' worker than a car dealership employee face to face with customers and inside their nasty cars.  🤣

I finished my second Pfizer dose yesterday. The usual sore arm (not a big deal) which was slightly worse after dose number two. Within about 6 hours after the 2nd dose I started feeling tired and climbed in bed with a good book. Next day, I am at about 90%. It really was not a big deal (and I am old and like to complain).

It is quite amazing that they were able to roll out a very effective vaccine so quickly. .

Good luck and I encourage everyone to take this disease seriously,

-Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, thebes said:

I'm sitting in the "let's make sure you don't drop dead on us" lounge for my 15 minutes . Got the shot "Right This Minute".

not to be nit picking; but you should have posted this in the Right This Minute thread. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Pfizer X 2; Sore arm the first shot & tired feelings first day only.  Second shot, sore arm of longer duration, several days of feeling listless, under the weather.  Both arms a little muscle tenderness for several days.  More reaction than I ever got from a flu shot.