Covid Vax, who's got it? and Worried About Side Effects?

kevinmi

I signed up for my first shot of Moderna today. About a month wait. I did a little diging around and

found a bunch of info like this. Normally we have 12-30,000 case per year I guess we lucked out.

Only 6 cases this time. Hard to believe.

flu.JPG

• Like 1

On 2/28/2021 at 8:45 AM, willland said:

I did think I had it during Christmas time due to feeling run down, chills and sweats, but no fever at all and food smelled and tasted great.  I did a rapid test(finger prick) on Christmas Eve but was negative.  Feeling great by the Monday after Christmas.  Maybe a false negative test?

Bill

LUCKY BILL  ,  

i'm not in a hurry to get a shot   , If I could  , I would  give my turn to others in my family ------Young parents and  their kids --  no reason for them to be at the end of the line

9 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

i'm not in a hurry to get a shot   , If I could  , I would  give my turn to others in my family ------Young parents and  their kids --  no reason for them to be at the end of the line

I'm in the same boat.  Typically I never get a flu shot either.  There are others that need it more than I do.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm in the same boat.  Typically I never get a flu shot either.  There are others that need it more than I do.

I thought the same thing until I realized me getting my shot when it was my turn won't prevent someone else from getting it when it's theirs. I set a good example by getting it  and as soon as I get mine everyone around me will be safer as well. That's my take

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm in the same boat.  Typically I never get a flu shot either.

it's too early to  know the effects of the vaccines , my Best Friend in Law enforcement  got a shot 10 days ago ,  he is in the hospital with side effects----102-104 fever , rushed by ambulance 2 days ago -

Had both parents get the Pfizer version two weeks ago, no issues.

Daughter's teacher's mom (95) got the second dose and is in the ER, declining and not looking good. It's just so hard to say what the side effects will be like.

10 minutes ago, al.lloyd said:

Had both parents get the Pfizer version two weeks ago, no issues.

Daughter's teacher's mom (95) got the second dose and is in the ER, declining and not looking good. It's just so hard to say what the side effects will be like.

all the Prayors  , for this Lady  -Regards

Wife has been on me to find/sign up for the shot.  Not to sound macho (as those of you who have met me know I'm not)....I'm not inherently a worrier....nor am I too worried about the vaccine or the virus.  That said I am on an immune suppressant so she's been hounding me to get stuck.

Last week, took implement tire (tire from 15' mower) to shop to get new tire.  Told them I was fine for several days, probably come back "next Saturday" to check on it (today)

This morning, I'm getting the dogs out, fed, double checked something for work, called the Co-Op to verify that tire was done.....I get a phone call from my brother in law.

He lets me know that they are giving the shots at a "local" high school (about 30 miles away) with no line and it's the Jansen shot which is a single shot.  My initial reaction was there are probably others who need it more than I (feel) I do....I don't want to step in front of someone but, I'll tell the wife so maybe she can go down.

(you might know how that conversation went)

So I headed North 12 miles to pick my finished tire up to now, turn around and drive about 40 miles south to see what it's all about.

Find the high school and indeed, there are three feeder lanes heading back to near the football/track field and as the field curved, the traffic followed.  Nobody to ask so figured I'd jump in line and see what happens.....figure it out on the fly so to speak.

I must say, whoever planned it out did a superb job.  Various police there to keep things going smoothly.  EMS parked there near the waiting area on stand by.  Went to first station, got my papers.  Filled them out during the start/stop to the next station where she photo copied my drivers license and insurance card.  Went to third station where she stabbed me.  Got directed to the football field parking lot to wait my 15 minutes to watch for any negative reaction......  felt fine....  so pulled out and came home.

During my journey, my brother in law had gotten his and from the time I got mine, called my sister in law to let her know how fast it was (she lives in that town) she got in, stabbed and out before I could even drive home.

My wife is now preparing to jump into her car to go to her sisters and get her own shot.

So far, (knocking on wood) this has been pretty uneventful for me/us.  Hopefully it's not the quiet before the storm.

My understanding is tomorrow my arm will be feeling the pain??  (no idea)

• Like 2

Our second Moderna is Thursday. Our very fit and active first responder daughter felt like hell for a couple days after her second, I don’t remember which vaccine she got. Symptoms were very flu like - lethargic, sore muscles, aching joints. Still insists we get our second  -