Covid Vax, who's got it? and Worried About Side Effects?

kevinmi

• Moderators
4 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

As I said earlier, as long as we have personal choice in how we deal with the virus, all is well.  But, if segments of society are forced to accept an experimental medical therapy as a condition of being allowed to participate, that is a different matter.  The vaccine “passports” which are being rolled out will stigmatize those who do not comply.  Some Jewish friends have drawn a parallel to something which cannot be discussed here.

For [goodness] sake. 

I don't think you heard your friends correctly there, I think what they were trying to tell you is that they were deeply offended when a well know "third" political party tried to draw a parallel with vaccination passports and the yellow star mandates during the holocaust:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/petersuciu/2021/03/30/vaccine-passport-comparison-to-holocaust-symbols-stirs-debate/?sh=576ec0da8f6b

https://www.kentucky.com/news/coronavirus/article250332241.html

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/2021/03/30/kentucky-libertarian-party-compares-vaccine-passports-star-david-badge/4806747001/

https://www.wkyt.com/2021/03/31/lexington-rabbi-responds-to-ky-libertarian-party-comparing-vaccine-passports-to-the-holocaust/

4 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

Doctors are not telling patients that long term ramifications of putting this previously untested medical treatment in their bodies are unknown.  If pressed, as some patients do, they will admit it.  This is not misinformation, but simple truth.  Informed consent is not being employed when it comes to these products.  Anyone who has had surgery knows the detailed possibilities, including death, that could occur.  If you will not sign, no surgery.  

On this issue, you are grossly misinformed.  It reads like something off of a conspiracy/antivax website. I say that because if you unpack that statement it isn't saying anything - I'm mean literally, it is saying nothing because it doesn't match up with how it is administered, or the information sheets that are given to patients before they get vaccinated. (The Moderna warning/sheet is pretty clear you don't have to take it, there are unknown risks, and it's still being studied (see below for excerpts)). 

Previously untested. Are you aware of any new vaccine or drug, that was previously tested before it went through clinical trials (testing). They all start out untested. They start with mice, and then non-human primates. Then Phase 1, etc. Other than the EUA, every new drug for the last 20 or 30 years (at least)  starts the same way. How are the Fact Sheet/Warnings (what your refer to as "informed consent") in the package of a brand new drug any different than the Moderna Fact Sheet/Warnings everyone has to read/sign before given the vaccine? In fact, the delivery mechanism or "platform" of this vaccination (via messenger RNA)  has been under study for several years already. 

What's you source for saying "doctors are not telling patients that "the long term ramifications . .  are unknown?" It is true, absolutely true. Why is it true? It's true because generally speaking, doctors are not part of the process of administering the vaccinations. Doctors are not "telling them" because doctors are literally not there.

Want to know something that is really, really scary? It can be given by an RN or a pharmacist. You don't even have to see a doctor to get it. Oh my GAWD! So I'm wondering who these doctors are that have a private supply that are giving it to their patients but not telling them "hey this is a brand new vaccine, so we don't know what the long terms effects might be"? (At my wife's County HUB they do have a doctor physically present at all times, as well as an ambulance, in the event that someone had a rare anaphylaxis reaction, they are not there to answer questions or provide information. Now that really would be a scandal?

So, I guess the response would be, well "doctors" is a generic term, it includes all health professionals who administer the vaccine, nurses, pharmacists, etc. Well none of them have to be "pressed" about about anything, if someone asked "what are the long terms ramifications" of this new drug/vaccine the response would be, what's your definition of "long term"? The patient would give their definition, (1 month, one year, ten years, 30, 80 years) and the "doctor" (or pharmacist or nurse, medical assistant) would respond "it's less than a year old, beyond that no one knows, it's all right there in the information sheet I gave you. If you don't want it you are not required to take it, I can give you does to one of our waitlisted people. 

Here are some excerpts from the 5 page fact sheet with warnings and disclosures - It's pretty simple:

image.thumb.png.5168d4bebd28d637a70a12a249c61fa6.png

What's in there? Can they track me with this stuff?

image.thumb.png.a23dd721fd4e5e5e404dfc5605a013ae.png

Those sons of *******, i knew it. They give me cholesterol and lipids. Cholesterol is bad. I'm pretty sure there are lots of studies that say the long term effects of increased cholesterol is not good. That for sure is going to have long terms effects. A strongly worded letter of complaint is in order here. 

The polyethylene glycol is why you have to wait 15 minutes, and why at my wife's HUB they have a doctor on physically there on standby, with all of the equipment and drugs ready to treat such a reaction.

And then this - we don't know everything yet:

image.thumb.png.b8ee70ad9d6670d53a9c676da44f0b7d.png

As to the "freedom" issue of requiring the vaccine, I don't think it is necessarily improper, political, or otherwise, but it's way, way off this topic so if you have more to say about that, you are seriously welcome to start a new thread about it, either on the Rutgers vaccination requirement (it's not a study by the way) or even something new. (I would start with Jacobson v. Massachusetts  and look at the manly scholarly legal articles and discussions as to whether it was correctly decided or not, and what the court would likely do today. Quick link:  https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/on-this-day-the-supreme-court-rules-on-vaccines-and-public-health).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Gilbert said:

I've not had the vaccine for the same reasons expressed here by several members. My wife and children were vaccinated. Wife will receive her second dose in two weeks. The girls are done.

I have discussed it with my families internist (Dr. T. Hernandez), he's relatively young, mid. 40'ish and a little famous, which isn't why I see him. Simply put, the man is good, and I'm a tough nut to convince. I found him through my the cardiologist (Dr. M. Canales), also well known. Both men have been recommending that I get the vaccine.

Dr. Hernandez explained to me that the vaccine had been in the works for a very long time, more than a decade, but that there were ($$) issues with discovering ways to get the body to absorb it. After the break-out (thank you China), he explained that funding became a non-issue and that scientist discovered a way using fatty tissue (??) or using the body's fatty tissue to adsorb the medication. He went on to explain in greater detail, which of course got more and more complicated for me to follow or understand. Admittedly, I am ignorant about Biology and how the body works. I have had several bad doctors' in my lifetime, and as a result, I've developed a stigma that is difficult to overcome. I trust the two mentioned above, it's been a long road to get there, but I do. I'm too stupid to be able to explain why, other than that neither of them take offence when their opinions or judgements are questioned, and both have always been able to explain, logically, my questions "Why". 

I am ignorant about many things medically related, what I do know is this, I lost a good friend, who was a relatively young and seemingly healthy man. His wife said he had great difficulty breathing and complained of being extremely sore; sore to the point that he couldn't lift a glass of water without being in pain. It took less than 2 weeks for Covid to take him. I'll be registering through CVS or Walgreens to get the vaccine.

For the other knuckle heads like me, consider the people who love you, not just yourself. I'm done.

I heard the COA site went very, very well a week ago. They had doctors there on stand-by. That might be an option since you are pretty close to there.

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

I understand your skepticism about an agency which lies constantly.  It is unfortunate that scientists who raise concerns about the mainstream view are immediately branded as “quacks” who are spreading misinformation.  Some interesting points were raised in this Israeli article from January.  Doctors and other medical personnel I know have raised similar concerns.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/294852

Maynard

The lady who wrote that is a "health and wellness" counselor not a scientist. It's clearly marked "Opinion." Is this what you mean when you refer to "other medical personnel"?

Do you have an article or study by a scientist, somebody with at least some letters after their name, in the applicable field? If so I would be sincerely interested in reading it. 

"Scientists" and "Other medical personnel" when it comes to vaccinations, typically (when you look) are trying to sell you crystals they just happen to have, or supplements they have developed that are just as, if not more, effective and "all natural." Some, like Mercola, sell supplements and now have giant homes in Florida. 

They are labeled quacks because they typically are. They typically don't practice medicine. It's "alternative medicine" or "natural medicine". Their money is made on selling you "supplements" only they have. They are typically hucksters and charlatans. The supplement industry is big, big business (apparently so are crystals) and they will claim whatever the law will allow, and typically just a little bit more. They are not just "labeled" quacks, their exaggerated, false, superious claims are litigated in administrative hearings and court, and they have an opportunity to defend their claims, with science. If they can, great, if not, they are a quack - which means if you listen to this person, your health, or even life, could be in serious jeopardy.

By the way, here is the rebuttal to that article, by people with letters after their name, and who have solid experience, in the field:

http://www.rationalistjudaism.com/2021/01/guest-post-why-you-should-take-vaccine.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, yamahaSHO said:

In 10 years:  "Have you or a family member had a COVID shot between xxxx-xxxx?  You may be entitled to money".  

Possible, but you claims will be limited to recourse in an Administrative Hearing with the vaccination recovery fund.  No jury trial in the courts.

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, yamahaSHO said:

I am positive it will go mandatory... When they trust it won't potentially take a hit on manpower/forces, since they don't actually care about you as an individual.  If they're not there yet, I'm not there...

Yes, DoD said they would revaluate after it got full FDA approval. It stays voluntary until then they said.  

I think we had 7, anthrax, an anti-malariial, (not a vaccination), Typhoid, meningitis, Yellow Fever, and Hep A and B, plus whatever else they snuck in. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 3/31/2021 at 11:26 AM, Sam S. said:

There is a history of large settlements - Pfizer (Bextra, Lyrica - 2.3B), Vioxx, Opiods, and many others. While the FDA issues safety recalls on drugs, cosmetics, food, beverages, and medical devices, according to their data, in 2020 alone there were 111 drugs that were recalled due to safety concerns (after having previously been approved for use).

Most of those, a very quick look, were non-prescription supplements, like for "male enhancement." There was one drug that was pulled because the strength was mislabeled. 

But there is for sure some missed calls by FDA, and drugs ended up causing severe and serious problems. 

The mRNA delivery system has been under study and testing for several years, very limited, so that gave them a little bit of a head start.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Yes, DoD said they would revaluate after it got full FDA approval. It stays voluntary until then they said.  

I think we had 7, anthrax, an anti-malariial, (not a vaccination), Typhoid, meningitis, Yellow Fever, and Hep A and B, plus whatever else they snuck in. 

And plague, if you got posted to Ft Carson.

Travis, I appreciate your perspectives!  But, as my 6’7” 300 pound attorney brother in law (who uses his size to great advantage in the courtroom) tells me constantly “you will never win an argument with an attorney”, I will concede until I have the time to state my case with more support documentation.  I would enjoy listening to you and him discussing this issue 😄

Maynard

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

My wife got her second shot last week Wednesday.  She felt kind of blah over the weekend but that was it.

I get my first shot next week Thursday. 

When you get over 70 you feel blah all the time.

JJK

Got mine yesterday, my arm was sore! Shot's rarely bother me but this one did. No effects today.

Unfortunately we live in a time when information is so plentiful anyone can point to "experts" that are trying to make a living writing clickbait articles. The way our brains are wired we gravitate towards the most salacious headlines and only read the articles that fit within our worldview. 

We didn't even attempt a nation-wide lockdown, or have anything remotely approaching a national strategy because people would not listen to experts. This, as every topic, quickly got couched in politics and "freedom." Thanks to all who are getting it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/31/2021 at 5:02 PM, Zen Traveler said:

15 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

[Way, way off topic, health care policy, etc.]

Fwiw, we are pretty close to our clientele and know who has had their shot(s) already and everyone including them are still wearing masks. It also got me thinking about our endgame: 1) Once the shot is available to every adult  (which is now) and they've had time to get it we will rescind the mask rule and get things back to normal. That's my take. {Note: I guess this could go in the thread entitled "Covid Vax--Who hasn't received it yet an what are the possible side effects of not doing so." LOL😷}

Btw, my wife and I had to postpone our 2nd shot because the assigned appointment was today  when I had a post-op appt with my surgeon. Instead of letting us reschedule they put our names back on the list for when they have the available vaccines again. I hope it's within the next 2 weeks.

• Like 1

#1 of Pfizer for me today.  I hugged the nurse who gave me the vaccination and have to admit I shed a couple tears while in the 15 minute afterward monitoring room.  The nurse said most people have no idea how much weight seems to be lifted from their shoulders when they get vaccinated. 

• Like 3

On 4/8/2021 at 8:23 PM, wuzzzer said:

I shed a couple tears while in the 15 minute afterward monitoring room.  The nurse said most people have no idea how much weight seems to be lifted from their shoulders when they get vaccinated. 

I getcha. I did the same sitting in my car at the Texas Motor Speedway waiting my 15 minutes...Even took a rare selfie and sent it to a good friend in California to document the event.

3 hours ago, Gilbert said:

At 11:45am this morning I got my One & Done..... and i felz fyne as phrankinzsteinz

No tears? 🤨 Of course not Phrank--You ain't that kinda guy. 🤠

• Like 2

On 4/8/2021 at 9:23 PM, wuzzzer said:

#1 of Pfizer for me today.  I hugged the nurse who gave me the vaccination and have to admit I shed a couple tears while in the 15 minute afterward monitoring room.  The nurse said most people have no idea how much weight seems to be lifted from their shoulders when they get vaccinated. 

I broke down sobbing when I got the J&J on Friday. I'm a nearly 50-year old guy who lost a couple neighbors to Covid. Two kids at home. Chickenpox nearly took me out at age two, Whooping Cough nearly got me a couple years after that. I tell my kids they don't know how lucky they are with the progress we've made in society that two diseases that nearly killed me as a toddler are an afterthought now.  I told the pharmacist that she made a very real difference in my life and it was the best day of the past 14 months of my life.  Yeah, science!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BadChile said:

I broke down sobbing when I got the J&J on Friday. I'm a nearly 50-year old guy who lost a couple neighbors to Covid. Two kids at home. Chickenpox nearly took me out at age two, Whooping Cough nearly got me a couple years after that. I tell my kids they don't know how lucky they are with the progress we've made in society that two diseases that nearly killed me as a toddler are an afterthought now.  I told the pharmacist that she made a very real difference in my life and it was the best day of the past 14 months of my life.  Yeah, science!

Whooping cough is certainly not gone.  We went on a family vacation to New Mexico several years ago.  My oldest daughter and I both came back with it.  We had both previously been vaccinated for it.

• Thanks 1