Covid Vax, who's got it? and Worried About Side Effects?

kevinmi

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Whooping cough is certainly not gone.  We went on a family vacation to New Mexico several years ago.  My oldest daughter and I both came back with it.  We had both previously been vaccinated for it.

I am curious if this is the reason you aren't sold on getting the Covid-19 Vaccine? Are you still considering being vaccinated against Covid-19? 

27 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I am curious if this is the reason you aren't sold on getting the Covid-19 Vaccine? Are you still considering being vaccinated against Covid-19? 

Not at present.   I'm building my immune system with vitamin C and D trying to eat right and getting plenty of sunlight along with exercising.  I also have no health issues that would put me at an abnormally high risk.  FWIW, I never get the regular flu shot either.  You have to wonder why there wasn't more emphasis put on strengthening peoples immune system from the experts from the beginning.  Now aspirin is being touted as helping reduce the severity as is another drug that i won't mention.  This shot is too new and there obviously are no long term studies out on it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You have to wonder why there wasn't more emphasis put on strengthening peoples immune system from the experts from the beginning.

Actually a healthy lifestyle was shown/promoted to help curb the worst of Covid-19 symptoms but still didn't prove effective in not spreading the virus and there have been some extremely fit people who have come down with the worst symptoms. Of course, once you start drinking alcohol on a regular basis you no longer live a healthy lifestyle.: Alcohol's Effects on the Body | National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) (nih.gov) I only bring this up because it doesn't appear by getting the vaccine (Covid or Whooping Cough) you are subjecting your body to as much danger as regular drinking seems to suggest. That's my take.

9 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Actually a healthy lifestyle was shown/promoted to help curb the worst of Covid-19 symptoms but still didn't prove effective in not spreading the virus and there have been some extremely fit people who have come down with the worst symptoms. Of course, once you start drinking alcohol on a regular basis you no longer live a healthy lifestyle.: Alcohol's Effects on the Body | National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) (nih.gov) I only bring this up because it doesn't appear by getting the vaccine (Covid or Whooping Cough) you are subjecting your body to as much danger as regular drinking seems to suggest. That's my take.

wow

26 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Now aspirin is being touted as helping reduce the severity as is another drug that i won't mention

I'm not sure what the other drug is but did find that once you get the virus over-the-counter medicines can reduce symptoms in some people. Fwiw, I still think getting the vaccine to stop the spread makes more sense than getting the virus because in the former it has been shown folks who have the vaccine are not contagious. {Note: Btw, I also agree we all take our chances in life but the vaccine as part of a Herd immunity strategy protects more of us in the long run.}

2 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

wow

None of that is surprising.   Thats one reason we do dry January and only drink a couple times a week.   Is never drinking better than drinking occasionally, of course.  Pick your battles and live your life.  Dont be judgemental.  No one is making it out of here alive anyways.

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

None of that is surprising.   Thats one reason we do dry January and only drink a couple times a week.   Is never drinking better than drinking occasionally, of course.  Pick your battles and live your life.  Dont be judgemental.  No one is making it out of here alive anyways.

A nurse once told me if I quit smoking I would live forever, so I got that going for me.

3 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

To be clear, I am not against drinking but using it as a common sense argument on the Russian roulette scenarios we make as human beings and that some things are more dangerous than others. 

So is he playing Russian roulette by drinking or not getting the shot?

1 minute ago, Ceptorman said:

So is he playing Russian roulette by drinking or not getting the shot?

Insofar as responsibly (whatever that means) drinking it's only himself but not having the shot he is potentially endangering others. Btw, I also was one who never got the Flu shot but am rethinking it given what we've learned about Covid. 

3 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Insofar as responsibly (whatever that means) drinking it's only himself but not having the shot he is potentially endangering others. Btw, I also was one who never got the Flu shot but am rethinking it given what we've learned about Covid. 

Potentially, hypothetically, maybe, possibly whatever.  What happened to social distancing and masking?  They work according to the experts right?  How can I pass along something if I'm still doing that?

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:
8 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Sure, but one person's drinking isn't going to spread a virus to others...

You're trying really hard aren't you.  Lol.

Yes! I've learned alot over this last year. We live in the Information Age and even though you weren't affected by Covid-19 the majority of us have been. Even though @Bosco-d-gama and I have different views we both subscribe to the same scientific sources that promote what we've both been talking about over this last year on the forum.

15 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Potentially, hypothetically, maybe, possibly whatever. 

Okay. I'm not sure exactly what you mean here but we are talking about a highly contagious virus, so yeah.

What happened to social distancing and masking?  They work according to the experts right? 

Right! Those are all part of the plan. What's changed is those who have been vaccinated really don't need to do those things insofar as spread is concerned.

How can I pass along something if I'm still doing that?

That's good to know.  Fwiw, I thought you didn't wear a mask at work or place that don't require you to do so--If I misinterpreted something you've written I apologize.