Covid Vax, who's got it? and Worried About Side Effects?

kevinmi

3 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

That's good to know but I thought you didn't wear a mask at work or place that don't require you to do so--If I misinterpreted something you've written I apologize. 

I dont as im not around customers and have no reason to get closer than 6 ft to co workers.  Most stores still request masks but its not mandatory.   If there's a sign on the door I wear one.  If not I see how busy it is.  There's no reason to wear on if you're the only person in an aisle.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

What's changed is that those who have been vaccinated really don't need to do those things insofar as spread is concerned.

Thats not a compelling argument for me to get one.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

If the goal is to reach Herd Immunity you achieve that by getting the virus or getting the vaccine. 

On 4/8/2021 at 7:33 PM, Zen Traveler said:

[Way, way off topic, health care policy, etc.]

Fwiw, we are pretty close to our clientele and know who has had their shot(s) already and everyone including them are still wearing masks. It also got me thinking about our endgame: 1) Once the shot is available to every adult  (which is now) and they've had time to get it we will rescind the mask rule and get things back to normal. That's my take. {Note: I guess this could go in the thread entitled "Covid Vax--Who hasn't received it yet an what are the possible side effects of not doing so." LOL😷}

I hope to achieve in our business above without resorting to a Covid-19 Passport ...At some point when the vaccine is available to everyone then the lowest denominator who wants to fend for themselves will be where we are at with the Flu right now. Until then, I can see the logic for sporting events concerts and bars benefiting from a Covid-19 Passport to get back to normal. 

The gist of it seems to be after any of us get our allotted shot(s) then we aren't going to have to worry about Covid-19 this cycle...Until then we can see how the economy rebounds and where the weak links are in keeping Covid-19 spread alive...Btw, it doesn't appear I was correct that numbers would come back up by April 15th in our area but we still have a steady rate of infection: Denton County GIS - COVID-19 Information - COVID-19Cases (arcgis.com) That is a promising sign for those vaccinated if it continues. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 12:41 PM, CECAA850 said:

Not at present.   I'm building my immune system with vitamin C and D trying to eat right and getting plenty of sunlight along with exercising.  I also have no health issues that would put me at an abnormally high risk.  FWIW, I never get the regular flu shot either.  You have to wonder why there wasn't more emphasis put on strengthening peoples immune system from the experts from the beginning.  Now aspirin is being touted as helping reduce the severity as is another drug that i won't mention.  This shot is too new and there obviously are no long term studies out on it.

Agreed.

I add zinc and vitamin K as well.

These treatments are not experimental.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

My wife and I got our 2nd shot of Pfizer yesterday and both have a sore arm today to the touch--that's it. It really is a game changer for us personally and for our business. 

glad you both were able to get vaccinated. my cousin told me that she felt so relieved after getting vaccinated. 

On 4/11/2021 at 10:46 AM, CECAA850 said:

ok Carl ... I'll probably get kicked out the club for this; but I'll let you in on a secret ... they give you a lollipop and a sticker to wear on your jacket. now, can you really turn that down?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, JJkizak said:

In the military we would get five shots in a row and they didn't care if it hurt, you fainted, you got sick, or you died.

JJK

So true.  I remember Top saying "Don't move or your arm(s) could get shredded from the multiple shots".  Saw a lot of bloody arms from one of these shot clinics.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

ok Carl ... I'll probably get kicked out the club for this; but I'll let you in on a secret ... they give you a lollipop and a sticker to wear on your jacket. now, can you really turn that down?

Why aren't more people talking about this.  Hell yea!  I'm in.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

they give you a lollipop and a sticker to wear on your jacket. now, can you really turn that down?

I didn't get either one of those... only a snoopy band-aid for my arm. Where can I complain?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our executive director sent this out last week (along with other info):

...we have evidence that 91% of our residents are vaccinated and 28% of our employees

Plus, we've had no clients/residents test positive for Covid-19 so far this month. However, employees have. We would have more residents vaccinated, but their families haven't given us the ok to give them shots. We have an incentive for staff, but it's still their choice. We have been fortunate that we haven't lost any residents to Covid, which is good, as we serve a large number of people with developmental/intellectual disabilities.

We have lost at least one staff member from Covid.

Bruce

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Marvel said:

We have an incentive for staff, but it's still their choice.

I would think anyone working with the elderly it would be mandatory. Fwiw, one of the super-spreader people in our Nursing Homes came from an employee who worked at several of them and infected people along the way. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

I would think anyone working with the elderly it would be mandatory. Fwiw, one of the super-spreader people in our Nursing Homes came from an employee who worked at several of them and infected people along the way. 

We had clients who got infected from family who took them home for the weekend... We cannot legally keep family from taking them home, only keep family from entering the facilities. The rules are somewhat crazy, but they come from the State (TN).