Covid Vax, who's got it? and Worried About Side Effects?

kevinmi

I had my 2nd shot of Pfizer yesterday, and thankfully no side effects whatsoever today. My wife had her 2nd shot of Moderna 2 days ago, and yesterday she had fever, chills and loss of appetite.

She was actually happy that her immune response was there because she has a compromised immune system from her Crohn’s medication.

Pretty crazy how people react differently to the vaccines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

some are saying that we'll need annual covid booster shots ... much like the annual flu shot. 

I have several relatives that aren't getting vaccinated.  I guess their long term plan is to use the cross their finger method for the rest of their life. 

4 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I have several relatives that aren't getting vaccinated.  I guess their long term plan is to use the cross their finger method for the rest of their life. 

Instead of guessing maybe ask their thoughts on the matter?  I'm sure they've thought this through.

19 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Insteadcif guessing maybe ask their thoughts on the matter?  I'm sure they've thought this through.

let's see ... two think that Bill Gates is having microchips implanted in them and that the government wants to track their location.  I don't know why the other two aren't.

I don't call people out on things -- it's their lives. The most I'll do is ask them what makes them so important that the government needs to know their whereabouts ... particularly when they can already by tracked through their cell phones. Or, when posed with concerns about the safety, I'll point out that there are reactions to everything ... waiting for a vaccine that is guaranteed to be 100% effective and that nobody will have a negative reaction is not logical. I have a couple of drug allergies ... the drugs are safe for most people -- I have a negative reaction. Just the way my body reacts to those drugs, not that the drugs are unsafe. 

I worked with a guy that if he ate a walnut, you'd better call 911. Just the way his body was. 

But, I respect people's decisions, I just think there is as much paranoia about the vaccine as some had about the virus. That said, with my mental health struggles, I'm not about to laugh at someone else's fears.

• Thanks 1

After the second Pfizer I had a little ache while reaching for a bottle of ketchup.  That is all.

"Doctors and scintists can't tell you the long term effect. "   Ridicule is not sufficient to address this.  The scientists didn't use the flux capacitor Delorian to go ten years to the future and check the results?  Gasp. They didn't even use the Sherman-Peabuddy Way-back to go to the past, jab a few people and then see the effect in the present.  Double gasp.

People who harp on this lack of information as if they have seen through a magnificent deception do not have the sense that God gave a goose.  They are dangerously sophmoric (wise fool).

Being vaxed is not a matter of whimsical or political personal choice -- that crabby refusal kills our fellow citizens. (Daddy, why did grandma have to die?  Was it because you refused to get a jab?) They should be forced to go to a nursing home or hospital or even India where people are attempting to breath their last breath, and can't.  In India the funeral pyres are located in the hospital parking lots.  The anti-vaxers should go and help chop wood.

WMcD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, WMcD said:

After the second Pfizer I had a little ache while reaching for a bottle of ketchup

I had my second Pfizer two weeks ago and I had that same ache ... except it was when I noticed that I had ran out of Ketchup.   it was hard to throw that food away; but it was the right thing to do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, WMcD said:

After the second Pfizer I had a little ache while reaching for a bottle of ketchup.  That is all.

"Doctors and scintists can't tell you the long term effect. "   Ridicule is not sufficient to address this.  The scientists didn't use the flux capacitor Delorian to go ten years to the future and check the results?  Gasp. They didn't even use the Sherman-Peabuddy Way-back to go to the past, jab a few people and then see the effect in the present.  Double gasp.

People who harp on this lack of information as if they have seen through a magnificent deception do not have the sense that God gave a goose.  They are dangerously sophmoric (wise fool).

Being vaxed is not a matter of whimsical or political personal choice -- that crabby refusal kills our fellow citizens. (Daddy, why did grandma have to die?  Was it because you refused to get a jab?) They should be forced to go to a nursing home or hospital or even India where people are attempting to breath their last breath, and can't.  In India the funeral pyres are in the hospital parking lots.  The anti-vaxers should go and help chop wood.

WMcD

Gil, I know fully vaccinated folks who when out walking cross to the opposite side of the street and pull up a mask when someone approaches within 50 feet of them.  Yet, they say that they feel protected by the vaccine!  Additionally, asymptomatic spread is not as concerning as once believed.  The PCR test used here is cycled so many times that totally inactive, non contagious, virus fragments result in a “positive” report.  Some very notable virologists and epidemiologists at US hospitals have said this many times.  

What I ask folks who say that they believe they are protected by vaccines is why they are so afraid to get near anyone.  They should not be concerned in my opinion.

Maynard

The only people that are sophomoric are those that think they know whats best for each and every individual and believe that no one can make a risk vs reward decision for themselves.  While we're at it let's tell everyone who to vote for as we know what's best for everyone. 

28 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

While we're at it let's tell everyone who to vote for as we know what's best for everyone. 

We've already been through that... 🙄

• Thanks 1