Covid Vax, who's got it? and Worried About Side Effects?

kevinmi

I got both Pfizer shots with only a pain in the arm that I got the shot, and a little bit of tiredness. I still wear my mask and practice safe distancing. I will continue to do that until there is no more COVID...regardless of how long that is.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeeper said:

I wonder if you received the Moderna this time, and if in the future you need another, could you get the Pfizer ?

I would think if you needed a booster shot you'd want to keep it with the same company. Otoh, if it becomes a seasonal thing and a yearly shot you could change brands. Just my guess.

• Like 1

An interesting twist on the pros and cons of the vaccine:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/miami-private-school-centner-academy-233603240.html

Maynard
??? This makes no sense to me. I'm not looking for an argument, nor to be shown the "errors of my thinking" but I am shaking my head in wonderment at that school's administration.

Got my first Pfizer shot on Friday. It knocked me out all weekend with body aches, mild fever, and a headache. Today, Tuesday morning, I felt better enough to go to work.

I was not expecting such a severe impact simply because others on my team got the Pfizer and had little to no reaction. Just goes to show that each and all is different.

Sent from my motorola edge using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1. J&J here 3 weeks ago with no side effects other than some soreness in the arm around the injection area. 2. OTA TV reception and FM Stereo reception has dramatically improved and I can order takeout by blinking my eyes in an SOS pattern. Just kidding about part 2.

• Like 1

1st Pfizer shot yesterday, arms sore where the needle went in, but nothing else at this time.  I received the email to sign up for the second, said I have x time period to get it basically 15 days after and no longer than 90ish.  Oddly there are no available dates to get the second until after my experation date.  So a call into the local medical association to see what's going on.  If this is true, then it was kind of pointless to get the shot in the first place.  I will follow up once I know something.   Crap, my arm just fell off. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 4/27/2021 at 3:57 PM, tube fanatic said:

An interesting twist on the pros and cons of the vaccine:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/miami-private-school-centner-academy-233603240.html

Maynard

"The couple said several students from the surrounding neighborhood attend the school on scholarship. The school also offers teachers a chance to live in homes near the school and owned by the Centners for reduced rent."

"The school has a chiropractor on staff to give adjustments to students and staff and practices meditation among students with the use of crystals."

There you go, what a relief. 

• Like 1

Saw an interesting show on the tube a couple days ago. It was "American Greed" They were talking about Pfizer and the Drug Bextra. Short version is Pfizer sold a drug with FDA approval. Pfizer illegally decided to expand uses of the drug without approval they Killed or otherwise Injured thousands. and knowingly continued to sell the drug to reap the HUGE profits. Pfizer recieved the largest FINE In History 2.4 Billion (which equaled less than 4 weeks profit) no one was prosecuted.

This is not conspiracy theory this is a fact that Pfizer could care less about the results of what a drug might do to you. if it means losing profits. Has anyone considered how much money is the Fed Govt. paying the drug companies for the vaccine's

6 minutes ago, joessportster said:

1.95 billion it seems, Yea they have no reason to lie or mislead...................😒

https://www.marketplace.org/2020/11/12/how-much-could-pfizer-make-from-a-covid-19-vaccine/

Nothing to see here, move along...........................

• Pfizer received the biggest fine in U.S. history as part of a $2.3 Billion plea deal with federal prosecutors for mis-promoting medicines (Bextra, Celebrex) and paying kickbacks to compliant doctors. Pfizer pleaded guilty to mis-branding the painkiller Bextra by promoting the drug for uses for which it was not approved.
  • In the 1990s, Pfizer was involved in defective heart valves that lead to the deaths of more than 100 people. Pfizer had deliberately misled regulators about the hazards. The company agreed to pay $10.75 Million to settle justice department charges for misleading regulators.
  • Pfizer paid more than $60 Million to settle a lawsuit over Rezulin, a diabetes medication that caused patients to die from acute liver failure.
  • In the UK, Pfizer has been fined nearly €90 Million for overcharging the NHS, the National Health Service. Pfizxer charged the taxpayer an additional €48 Million per year for what should have cost €2 million per year.
  • Pfizer agreed to pay $430 Million in 2004 to settle criminal charges that it had bribed doctors to prescribe its epilepsy drug Neurontin for indications for which it was not approved.
  • In 2011, a jury found Pfizer committed racketeering fraud in its marketing of the drug Neurontin. Pfizer agreed to pay $142.1 Million to settle the charges.
  • Pfizer disclosed that it had paid nearly nearly 4,500 doctors and other medical professionals some $20 Million for speaking on Pfizer’s behalf.
  • In 2012, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission announced that it had reached a $45 Million settlement with Pfizer to resolve charges that its subsidiaries had bribed overseas doctors and other healthcare professionals to increase foreign sales.
  • Pfizer was sued in a U.S. federal court for using Nigerian children as human guinea pigs, without the childrens’ parents’ consent. Pfizer paid $75 Million to settle in Nigerian court for using an experimental antibiotic, Trovan, on the children. The company paid an additional undisclosed amount in the U.S. to settle charges here. Pfizer had violated international law, including the Nuremberg Convention established after WWII, due to Nazi experiments on unwilling prisoners.
  • Amid widespread criticism of gouging poor countries for drugs, Pfizer pledged to give $50 million for an AIDS drug to South Africa. Later, however, Pfizer failed to honor that promise.
  • Thanks 1

Pfizer CEO has said (in leaked conference call) that he sees repeated vaccinations as a "great opportunity" to charge more for repeated vaccinations. For context, it's true that Pfizer didn't take money from "operation warp speed", but did use public funding from the German government. However,....mRNA research and development (like most pharmaceuticals) was researched and developed with public funding. Pfizer has claimed that the lipid nanoparticles that the mRNA is coated in are proprietary, and refusing to offer its technology to poor countries to produce vaccines that (according to health "experts" and politicians) could save lives. Not to mention the fact that the Pfizer vaccine is very narrowly targeted towards the specific spike protein, so if (or when) the virus mutates and further evolves, undoubtedly the original vaccine will begin to lose its effectiveness. This, for Pfizer, ensures repeat customers.

Why aren't we having a proper adult conversation about how our health care system rewards and provides perverse incentives for chronic illness. Drug companies, insurance companies, and non-profit (tax-exempt) hospitals. How many times have we been urged or told we should get the vaccine? How many times any politician or health "expert" talk about obesity? 78% of all COVID hospitalizations in the U.S. are people who are either overweight or obese. You can also add opiods to the long list set forth by Carl above. There's good reason why many do not trust Big Pharma.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:
1 hour ago, joessportster said:

1.95 billion it seems, Yea they have no reason to lie or mislead...................😒

https://www.marketplace.org/2020/11/12/how-much-could-pfizer-make-from-a-covid-19-vaccine/

Nothing to see here, move along...........................

Fwiw, the USA and capitalism aren't the only one bringing vaccines to market: 

China Administers Record Daily Number of COVID-19 Vaccines | World News | US News

China Administers Record Daily Number of COVID-19 Vaccines

BEIJING (Reuters) - China carried out about 9.6 million vaccinations against COVID-19 on April 29, bringing the total number administered to 253.46 million, according to data released by the National Health Commission on Friday.

That marks the highest daily dose number since China started to report vaccination figures on a daily basis.

Russia's COVID-19 Vaccine Reported To Be 92% Effective : Coronavirus Updates : NPR

Russia's Sputnik Vaccine Is Reported To Be 92% Effective Against COVID-19