Covid Vax, who's got it? and Worried About Side Effects?

kevinmi

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Nothing to see here, move along...........................

• Pfizer received the biggest fine in U.S. history as part of a $2.3 Billion plea deal with federal prosecutors for mis-promoting medicines (Bextra, Celebrex) and paying kickbacks to compliant doctors. Pfizer pleaded guilty to mis-branding the painkiller Bextra by promoting the drug for uses for which it was not approved.
  • In the 1990s, Pfizer was involved in defective heart valves that lead to the deaths of more than 100 people. Pfizer had deliberately misled regulators about the hazards. The company agreed to pay $10.75 Million to settle justice department charges for misleading regulators.
  • Pfizer paid more than $60 Million to settle a lawsuit over Rezulin, a diabetes medication that caused patients to die from acute liver failure.
  • In the UK, Pfizer has been fined nearly €90 Million for overcharging the NHS, the National Health Service. Pfizxer charged the taxpayer an additional €48 Million per year for what should have cost €2 million per year.
  • Pfizer agreed to pay $430 Million in 2004 to settle criminal charges that it had bribed doctors to prescribe its epilepsy drug Neurontin for indications for which it was not approved.
  • In 2011, a jury found Pfizer committed racketeering fraud in its marketing of the drug Neurontin. Pfizer agreed to pay $142.1 Million to settle the charges.
  • Pfizer disclosed that it had paid nearly nearly 4,500 doctors and other medical professionals some $20 Million for speaking on Pfizer’s behalf.
  • In 2012, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission announced that it had reached a $45 Million settlement with Pfizer to resolve charges that its subsidiaries had bribed overseas doctors and other healthcare professionals to increase foreign sales.
  • Pfizer was sued in a U.S. federal court for using Nigerian children as human guinea pigs, without the childrens’ parents’ consent. Pfizer paid $75 Million to settle in Nigerian court for using an experimental antibiotic, Trovan, on the children. The company paid an additional undisclosed amount in the U.S. to settle charges here. Pfizer had violated international law, including the Nuremberg Convention established after WWII, due to Nazi experiments on unwilling prisoners.
  • Amid widespread criticism of gouging poor countries for drugs, Pfizer pledged to give $50 million for an AIDS drug to South Africa. Later, however, Pfizer failed to honor that promise.

And this is why so many folks I know will not consider the vaccines.  If paying huge damages is not a deterrent to turning out a dangerous product, why would they care when there is no liability?  As has been made clear, the manufacturers cannot be sued and people who have been harmed must go through the government CICP which rejects virtually every claim made.  Remember also that Pfizer refused to supply Brazil and Argentina unless they were given access to the sovereign assets of those countries from which they could draw to pay damages.

Maynard

39 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Fwiw, the USA and capitalism aren't the only one bringing vaccines to market: 

China Administers Record Daily Number of COVID-19 Vaccines | World News | US News

China Administers Record Daily Number of COVID-19 Vaccines

BEIJING (Reuters) - China carried out about 9.6 million vaccinations against COVID-19 on April 29, bringing the total number administered to 253.46 million, according to data released by the National Health Commission on Friday.

That marks the highest daily dose number since China started to report vaccination figures on a daily basis.

Russia's COVID-19 Vaccine Reported To Be 92% Effective : Coronavirus Updates : NPR

Russia's Sputnik Vaccine Is Reported To Be 92% Effective Against COVID-19

Im sure thats true, But I dont live there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What can Russia, China, or anyone tell us about long term effects ?  What can they tell us 100% about the current Risks (People dyeing from blood clots induced by the vaccine) I dont recall anyone reporting on that before it Killed people. I know my son in law a registered nurse was rushed to the ER with complications stemming from a 2nd dose. 

But it must be ok to kill people with the vaccine because it MIGHT help out, Of course wee will never know if those killed would have survived getting Covid, its a fact there Odds would have been one hell of a lot better to survive covid than to survive the vaccine

22 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

And this is why so many folks I know will not consider the vaccines.  

To add to the discussion, read this piece by a lay person with concerns about the vaccines:

https://thehuntingtonian.com/2021/04/01/18-reasons-i-wont-be-getting-a-covid-vaccine-by-christian-elliot/

Most importantly, read all of the links he includes and explain to me why the information presented should be dismissed without consideration as seems to be the case.

Maynard

On 4/24/2021 at 4:06 PM, kevinmi said:

So far, it seems that people who received the Moderna, as compared to Pfizer, had worse side effects.

I don't know anyone who has received the J&J. (snip)

I had the J&J a month ago.  I didn't even feel the needle and when the medicine was pushed I could feel it.  Pain level was 2 at the injection point, very mild.  No side effects in the weeks afterwards.

On 4/28/2021 at 9:57 AM, RandyH000 said:

--- 1st PFizer  shot gives you 80% protection --2nd  racks it up to 95% -

Interesting.  My JJ shot claims 85% effectiveness.  The others claim 95%.

21 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Interesting.  My JJ shot claims 85% effectiveness.  The others claim 95%.

Correct   -----the 2  mRNA vaccines / Moderna and Pfizer , have a higher protection for Covid  than the Single shot JJ  ,94-95% versus 85%  -- the technology behind the various vaccines  is  different -

Johnson & Johnson vaccine: How is it different?

The Johnson & Johnson vaccine, just approved, could mark a turning point in the pandemic.

https://www.vcuhealth.org/news/covid-19/johnson-and-johnson-vaccine-how-is-it-different

• Like 1

I received my second Pfizer shot yesterday morning. 

My mom took my dad to the VA yesterday and they both received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. 

I'm just feeling a little tired today.  Similar pain in my arm as I had from the first shot. 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2021 at 4:48 PM, kevinmi said:

I got my first shot of the Pfizer vax on Wednesday. Wondering who else has gotten a shot, and did you have any side effects.

A family friend got vaccinated, not sure which vaccine. He has all the symptoms of COVID two days after getting the vaccine but tested negative for COVID.. This is complicated with long term effects of Diabetes. He went to urgent care, they admitted him to an ICU, the transferred him to a specialized ICU. He was intubated and on TPN for nutrition, they put down an NG tube to try to start tube feedings and got it into his lungs. Because of the effects of long term Diabetes, he went into end stage renal failure. He checked himself out AMA and has gone home to die and is refusing dialysis..

Roger

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

Speculation?  This is HHS saying that the reporting system is vastly underutilized.  You know the situation is bad if the gov. admits that their own agency is not working!

Maynard

Isn't the posted PDF from 10 years ago? How is the system performing now? 

I am wondering why Klipsch is allowing this thread to continue. Seems very far from the audio world to me.

To remain on topic, I've had two doses of the Pfizer vaccine in February and early March. I've experienced no side effects. 

Cincy

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, cincymat said:

I am wondering why Klipsch is allowing this thread to continue. Seems very far from the audio world to me.

Most every topic in the lounge is unrelated to audio.

• Like 1