Covid Vax, who's got it? and Worried About Side Effects?

kevinmi

For young people, getting vaccinated for Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) is very important, before they become sexually active.  While the effects on boys and men are bad enough, girls and women can get cervical cancer, which is about as serious as it gets.

7 minutes ago, Islander said:

When I wake up in the morning, I sometimes point to the North.  Is that what you mean?

I continue to point West and get the oceanic feeling Freud mentioned in Civilization and its Discontents.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As for COVID vaccine, I had my first Pfizer shot in April, and I'm booked for my second one next month.  I was surprised that I didn't even feel the needle go in, and barely felt the actual injection.  I had a very little bit of a sore arm for a couple of days, and that was it.

I lost a friend to COVID last month.  A great guy.  He had just had a big beautiful log cabin built, to replace the one that was struck by lightning and burned to the ground last year.  He was racing motorbikes again, in Vintage Class, after many years away from the track, but with the safest of modern racing suits.  Everything was looking good for a great summer for him, then he was gone.

• Sad 2

No concerns at all, considering possibility of contracting Covid-19.

We received our 2nd shot of Moderna on Feb. 1. Minimal side effects, after a couple of days. No one in our circle of friends, etc., has had any problem. 

More reaction after 2nd shot, ran a fever for a day, with what comes with that... soreness and tired.

• Like 1

The coworker I mentioned a couple weeks ago sat next to me and ate lunch the day after he returned from his flight but before he exhibited symptoms. And I have yet to exhibit symptoms. I'd say the J&J serum is effective.  :D

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Son in law got his second shot of Moderna last week, he got very sick that night and now a few days later is starting to feel better. He had fever, sorness and felt terrible.  

• Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 1:30 PM, geezin' said:

The coworker I mentioned a couple weeks ago sat next to me and ate lunch the day after he returned from his flight but before he exhibited symptoms. And I have yet to exhibit symptoms. I'd say the J&J serum is effective.  :D

Why did he cough or spit on you ?

19 minutes ago, geezin' said:

Dam what did I miss?

My guess someone not realizing how covid has affected forum members, which of course is a microcosm of Americans at large...On that note, Happy 4th of July and (to stay on topic) congratulations to all Americans who got the vaccine and hope the side effect is you are enjoying the day with your best family and friends! 

• 2 weeks later...