Covid Vax, who's got it? and Worried About Side Effects?

kevinmi

Second dose of Pfizer on July 31.

Really sore shoulder for a couple days, but I could feel the needle being pulled out so I knew the muscle would ache.

NOTHING else.

...except, I am starting to believe everything on mainstream media!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And, the CDC still deciding on boosters rec...they are the authority!

Figure 95 percent efficacy for the 2 mains. Breakthrough and result of, to be determined plus, more data incoming.

Exposure to variant, of significant interest...

29 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

The CDC already suggests a 3rd dose (not considered a booster) for moderately to severely immunocompromised individuals.

so what is it ?, a  repeat of the 2nd shot 

CDC admits the vaccine kills some people (though they aren't for sure why and don't fully concede causation).  Same with other serious side effects, such as clots and heart issues.  The numbers reported are, of course, very small.  But the same is true for the underlying illness.  

I have a hard time sitting there submitting to an injection when, right before they push the plunger, they say, "Now, this could possibly kill you or damage your heart."  What am I supposed to do?  "Duh... Ok..."  

There's a small chance Covid could kill me or mess me up good.  I'm not going to stand in line to get purposefully infected.  

There's a small chance the vaccine could also kill me or mess me up good.  Likewise, I'm not running to stand in line to see if it does.

FDA has only approved these for emergency use.  I don't even want any of the drugs they've approved for everyday use, let alone ones they limit to emergencies.  There is no available data concerning long-term effects.

• Like 4

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, RandyH said:

so what is it ?, a  repeat of the 2nd shot 

On Moderna the dose is 100 mcg, the 1st shot is identical to the 2nd. No difference. The 3rd does is the same way. 100 mcg of vaccine.

Pfizer is the same,.it's different dose, 30mcg. All three shots would be the same on theirs. 

The "booster" may be a lower dose, we will have to wait and see.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

On Moderna the dose is 100 mcg, the 1st shot is identical to the 2nd. No difference. The 3rd does is the same way. 100 mcg of vaccine.

Pfizer is the same,.it's different dose, 30mcg. All three shots would be the same on theirs. 

The "booster" may be a lower dose, we will have to wait and see.

Would concur with that with caveat. As you say, tbd.

My take although my very limited opinion is, exposure to any Covid to date offers protection to the variant thus far with some exception, not of the worse case.

My ultimate take is, to enable the previous 2 vaccinations to yield a response is an exposure to the variant, or other thereby maintaining efficacy.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I have a hard time sitting there submitting to an injection when, right before they push the plunger, they say, "Now, this could possibly kill you or damage your heart."  What am I supposed to do? 

I'd suggest going out for a hot dog; but I read today that every hot dog you eat takes 35 minutes off your life. 

Those poor souls at the Nathan's Fourth of July contest ... maybe that's why we never see old people in that contest?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

CDC admits the vaccine kills some people (though they aren't for sure why and don't fully concede causation).  Same with other serious side effects, such as clots and heart issues.  The numbers reported are, of course, very small.  But the same is true for the underlying illness.  

I have a hard time sitting there submitting to an injection when, right before they push the plunger, they say, "Now, this could possibly kill you or damage your heart."  What am I supposed to do?  "Duh... Ok..."  

There's a small chance Covid could kill me or mess me up good.  I'm not going to stand in line to get purposefully infected.  

There's a small chance the vaccine could also kill me or mess me up good.  Likewise, I'm not running to stand in line to see if it does.

FDA has only approved these for emergency use.  I don't even want any of the drugs they've approved for everyday use, let alone ones they limit to emergencies.  There is no available data concerning long-term effects.

You can choose whether or not you are exposed to the vaccine...

How do you feel about monoclonal antibodies?

12 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I'd suggest going out for a hot dog; but I read today that every hot dog you eat takes 35 minutes off your life. 

Those poor souls at the Nathan's Fourth of July contest ... maybe that's why we never see old people in that contest?

give away   hot dogs/coke/ fries +ketchup  ,vaccinations would double -add a beer , you'd be refusing people -