Covid Vax, who's got it? and Worried About Side Effects?

kevinmi

2 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

If all my family and friends were there, I'd be attached and have a different view.

I've visited Texas as well, many times, many parts.  I wouldn't wish my burial to be there.  Storms, hail, 100% humidity, crazy *** rain and thunder, extreme heat and so on. Oh yeah, that's all in ONE day... NY family is here in socal. On the beach.  75 degrees at the hottest all year long. I hear ya,  if they were here, I wouldn't be. 

5 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

My internet isn't pulling it up right now, times out. I hope it's a sentiment to Healthcare Workers. I tired of pulling ETTs to watch folks of ALL AGES, vaccinated and NOT die. 

I edited the title of the post for you. You may not have been aware of it, but you are actually an active participant.

Hiding in Plain Sight: Public Health, Eugenics, and COVID-19

https://harvardpublichealthreview.org/30-article-appleman/

2 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I'm a respiratory therapist.  I try to stay out of these threads but in joining tonight.  ETT is endotracheal tube aka a breathing tube.  

I see.  My mom had respiratory issues for years, so I am very familiar with that process.  It's tough.  You have a tough job if you can't stomach people dying.  That's for sure.

Just now, Jeff Matthews said:

I see.  My mon had respiratory issues for years, so I am very familiar with that process.  It's tough.  You have tough job if you can't stomach people dying.  That's for sure.

I work at USC. Death is normal.  I deal with the MOST SICK patients inside California and outside. Death is normal.  COVID death isn't. And it's mostly preventable. That's what's this thread is supposedly about right? 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

This was the topic discussed in an assignment I worked on back in the late 1980's college days.  

Once an insurer can effectively identify a risk, should they be able to discriminate based on it?  We have accepted discrimination based on age and some other factors.  They are not allowed to require a person's genetic profile to predict future health risks.  We're good with that.  What's so "special" about refusing a vaccine?

There is a distinction between health and life. I was responding on a health ins. related question and how they will look at hospital bills. They cannot discriminate based on vaccine or not.

With Life they have always been able to "factor" in (discriminate some might say) based on age, race, national origin, gender, family medical history, alcohol, smoking, into insurance premiums. All of those things can be shown to have an impact on life expectancy. They can charge more if you are not vaccinated, they can give you a discount if you are. 

Women, on average pay less then men, Asians lower than whites. Radical difference for smoking within in ten years of application, actually that has changed from cigarettes, to smoking, to tobacco over time - I had to "quit" cigars one year because the underwriting changed.

They can ask what your hobbies are, if you are a pilot, climb mountains, scuba dive, base jump, how far you commute, if you ride a motorcycle --all of those I have had to answer.

They can have you do a physical exam, give blood. They can test for drugs, legal and non, VD, AIDS,  Cholesterol, TB, antibodies, etc, factor all of that in and give you a quote.  Generally this level of screening and questions are for Life policies of 1 million or more.

I would think they can get what they need to know from family medical history. Either parent have cancer, heart disease, etc.

I wasn't aware they can't run a DNA profile on someone. Is there a State or Federal law that prevents them from doing that? What they would get from that is quite limited isn't it? By the time they run it for Life insurance everything is going to manifest itself. Maybe that one form of breast cancer they can tell from genetic profile. I think they can ask if you have breast cancer or family member as part of application. It's mostly going to tell you what problems your children might have? 

Given enough time (if virus, or variants persist) they will be able to show, from actuarial science, what impact not being vaccinated has on life expectancy in the near term.

Or, who knows, the Lone Wolf nut in British Columbia is right and 60% die of vaccine in 5 years and being vaccinated with certain vaccines could cause much higher premiums.

Either way, Life insurance companies will be able to ask if you are vaccinated and they will ask if it even slightly impacts life expectancy. They are very good at figuring out the averages and what they need charge to make a profit from the premiums and the earnings they make with the premiums they invest over time.

• Like 1

Just now, Westcoastdrums said:

Death is normal.  COVID death isn't. And it's mostly preventable. That's what's this thread is supposedly about right? 

I don't know that I would describe a death from Covid as "abnormal" any more than a death from preventable diabetes.  I'm sure plenty of health professionals who treat diabetics shake their heads, just like you.  Are you becoming one of the old, crusty ones who have pent up frustration, or do you still have patient compassion and accept their ill-fate?

Are you becoming one of the old, crusty ones who have pent up frustration, or do you still have patient compassion and accept their ill-fate?

Again, you have NO IDEA what to uare talking about.  I'm 34 years old. I work in the unit the bypasses hearts and or lungs mechanically for a living.  We ONLY deal with the all but dead coming the door. If you brain is intact and you dotn have black toes, we are game.  I have been in the COVID units for over a year as well. Have you taken care of these patients BEDSIDE day in day, out?   I'll answer if for you, no YOU haven't. So, you have no idea, what you are talking about. Come back to me when you when you have, taken care of 500 of them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Given enough time (if virus, or variants persist) they will be able to show, from actuarial science, what impact not being vaccinated has on life expectancy in the near term.

Or, who knows, the Lone Wolf nut in British Columbia is right and 60% die of vaccine in 5 years and being vaccinated with certain vaccines could cause much higher premiums.

I'm hoping the vaccine will prove to be safe, and better yet, that it was never really all that necessary.  

From talking to Westcoastdrums, it certainly appears to be an alarming situation from inside the medical and mortuary business.  If you're not in the middle of all the death and dying, it doesn't look all that bad.  If 6 out of 1,000 people you know happen to die this year, it doesn't feel like a "pandemic."  I realize the view is much different from the lenses of people working on the inside.

Just now, babadono said:

read through a lot of this, whew! Take it easy everybody. But just to double check my understanding...vaccines protect the vaccinated, correct?

No, vacinnes protect the AVERAGE person for about 6 months from dying. J&j we AR learning isn't very effective c WD have many getting sick and dying from it and they aren't immunocompromised or with comorbitities. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Again, you have NO IDEA what to uare talking about.  I'm 34 years old. I work in the unit the bypasses hearts and or lungs mechanically for a living.  We ONLY deal with the all but dead coming the door. If you brain is intact and you dotn have black toes, we are game.  I have been in the COVID units for over a year as well. Have you taken care of these patients BEDSIDE day in day, out?   I'll answer if for you, no YOU haven't. So, you have no idea, what you are talking about. Come back to me when you when you have, taken care of 500 of them. 

Why do you think you wear some kind of badge by proving you're in the middle of something only you can appreciate?  You have the scoop, and I'm clueless?  What a great attitude!

Anyway, I spent almost every day for a couple of years visiting my mom in her final stage of respiratory failure.  She was on and off the ETT numerous times.  I had to do YOUR job, believe it or not, when she got to go home - to try, unsuccessfully, for a few weeks to stay out of the hospital. 

I've suctioned all the snot and crud out of her tracheostomy.  Changed diapers and all the good stuff.  So, yeah... I kind of DO know what you deal with.  Do you change diapers, too, or can I hold my experience over your head?

I still consider you high and mighty, though, since you do it for a living.  

3 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

You are a lawyer, no?  Stick to that. Don't even attempt to state they you understand human lives from a Healthcare perspective when you have ZERO perspective. Watch the news and comment on Facebook if you like, do no further, please. 

Stuck your foot in your mouth, twice I see.

2 minutes ago, babadono said:

read through a lot of this, whew! Take it easy everybody. But just to double check my understanding...vaccines protect the vaccinated, correct?

Thats your response? You and I Have talked how many times? People are ******* dying at ALARMING rates.  

4 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

You are a lawyer, no?  Stick to that. Don't even attempt to state they you understand human lives from a Healthcare perspective when you have ZERO perspective. Watch the news and comment on Facebook if you like, do no further, please. 

What a turd!  You could otherwise be a nice guy.  But you really act like a turd with your arrogance.

I had to do YOUR job, believe it or not, when she got to go home - to try, unsuccessfully, for a few weeks to stay out of the hospital

You have NEVER done my job. If you think you have, I laugh in response.  You don't have a clue what I do for a living with the most critically I'll.   It's up to me if I follow the MDs orders or decide to save someone.  Go read up on ECLS and tell me that you understand what I do for a living. You have no idea, trust me 

Just now, Westcoastdrums said:

You have NEVER done my job. If you think you have, I laugh in response.  You don't have a clue what I do for a living with the most critically I'll.   It's up to me if I follow the MDs orders or decide to save someone.  Go read up on ECLS and tell me that you understand what I do for a living. You have no idea, trust me 

Only you could know... with all your wisdom at 34 years of age.  Of course...