Covid Vax, who's got it? and Worried About Side Effects?

kevinmi

As I mentioned earlier, I’ve had first Moderna and will have second this week. I was talking with someone in the medical related field and she said everyone in her clinic drank a lot of fluids (water, Gatorade, etc) the day or so leading up to the shot and the day after. Claimed no one had noticeable side effects. So, lots of fluid may help? I’ll try and remember to report back next weekend.

• Like 1

I was happy when I got signed up for a Moderna shot in 3-4 weeks.

"They" decided, today, that Astrazeneca is OK for old (70's and up) people

including me. I'm a little concerned about the experts changing their minds

almost daily. I don't know if there are any options and neither do "They".

• Like 1

16 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Am I the first to get the J&J vaccine?

so far... my arm isn't particularly sore. Everything else seems normal. No side effects to report. Just got it this AM.... I'll report if anything comes up.

If it flares up you can treat it with their talcum powder.  No side effects there..................................

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Am I the first to get the J&J vaccine?

so far... my arm isn't particularly sore. Everything else seems normal. No side effects to report. Just got it this AM.... I'll report if anything comes up.

Ours were the Jansen (which I'm told is J&J)

Next day, wife told me she tossed/turned all night, felt miserable.  Her sister...same story.  I don't know about her brother.

I on the other hand, felt 100% perfectly fine with ZERO issues.  Wife told me that because I'm on a immune inhibitor, that my shot might be rendered useless and THAT might be why I'm feeling perfectly fine.

Thought that was a curious point.....so emailed my Doc at Vanderbilt and asked if there's any concern I should have....their response was to skip the next two (weekly) doses.  So, (shrugs shoulders) I skipped it yesterday and will skip again next Tuesday.  In the meantime I'm left to wonder if it's taken hold or not or maybe a partial take...

I suppose someone's going to have to cough on me to be sure, nice.

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

Next day, wife told me she tossed/turned all night,

Yeah... My card says Jansen. I asked if it was J&J... yes

I didn't sleep for chit last night. I blame it on the chicken chili that was dinner. It flushed thru me. Chicken can do that to me.... I feel good this AM. Arm isn't even sore. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

There's more that they don't know about all of this than they do know.

Well...They know ALOT more now than a year ago and the Covid Vaccines have gone through the trial phase and have been tested to be effective. Otoh, they now know how the virus is spread and put out guidance that has been consistent over the last 10 months or so, as well as keeping records we all can check. This is the Information Age and we can immediately learn by mistakes made recently and develop consensus on what needs to be done going forward if we want to beat this thing with the least amount of damage to people or the economy. Insofar as the vaccine is concerned, ALL of the living POTUSA and their wives have taken it and if it's good enough for them I'm on-board.  

11 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Well...They know ALOT more now than a year ago and the Covid Vaccines have gone through the trial phase and have been tested to be effective. Otoh, they now know how the virus is spread and put out guidance that has been consistent over the last 10 months or so, as well as keeping records we all can check. This is the Information Age and we can immediately learn by mistakes made recently and develop consensus on what needs to be done going forward if we want to beat this thing with the least amount of damage to people or the economy. Insofar as the vaccine is concerned, ALL of the living POTUSA and their wives have taken it and if it's good enough for them I'm on-board.  

Good, have at it.  I'm still on the fence.  If you think they know everything there is to know about this vaccine then you're fooling yourself.  Everybody thought talcum powder was safe up until they didn't.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Good, have at it.  I'm still on the fence. 

Thanks and I didn't realize that's where you stood.

If you think they know everything there is to know about this vaccine then you're fooling yourself.

I didn't say that nor do I think it. That coronavirus thread you started over a year ago can be invaluable as a learning tool given all that we did learn--An effective Covid-19 vaccine was the ultimate goal and it seems we are there; If not, I'll be a Guinea pig for the health and safety of my family and country while wearing a Mask and social distancing, because everyone seems to acknowledge there needs to be a certain amount of herd immunity to get ahead of this virus. I want to do my part and get life back to normal. That`s my take.

Everybody thought talcum powder was safe up until they didn't.

😞

There is a joke tape of a guy who gets the Chinese vaccine while saying that he has had no side effects from the shot but as he is speaking he slides from an American accent into a thick Chinese accent. Funny. I can't find a copy of this. Does anybody have a link? I heard an audio only of this so not sure if there is any video. Thanks. Important to be able to retain a good sense of humor.

Good, have at it.  I'm still on the fence.  If you think they know everything there is to know about this vaccine then you're fooling yourself.  Everybody thought talcum powder was safe up until they didn't.
Still on the fence myself.....every day I hear something new/different and it's not very encouraging.

Big can of worms here so I'll leave it at that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Thanks and I didn't realize that's where you stood.

I didn't say that nor do I think it. That coronavirus thread you started over a year ago can be invaluable as a learning tool given all that we did learn--An effective Covid-19 vaccine was the ultimate goal and it seems we are there; If not, I'll be a Guinea pig for the health and safety of my family and country while wearing a Mask and social distancing, because everyone seems to acknowledge there needs to be a certain amount of herd immunity to get ahead of this virus. I want to do my part and get life back to normal. That`s my take.

😞

That's where I'm at. I do not want to get the vaccine, but I will to get this country going again. I'm not very worried about getting sick myself, but I wear a mask and distance for the people in my community. Yes there are issues and unknowns, but 500k have already died. Same with masks, they don't protect 100%, but they help. There's no perfect solution, and I'm not waiting until they 'know everything' about the vaccine.

This is also based on, what, a century of modern medical research and practice? This is not some radical departure from established procedures for vaccine development.

• Like 1