Covid Vax, who's got it? and Worried About Side Effects?

kevinmi

I had to check Walgreens' site for five days and then got appointmments for Pfizer first and second.  The first was just last Thursday at one of the few Wags in the Loop which was still open.  The second will be in four weeks up north of Wrigley Field.  

No reaction --- but I'm pretty sure I had Covid a year ago at the end of January which might have been a factor.

I asked for and got it in the left arm figuring that if there were a reaction it would be better to have it in the non-dominant arm/hand. YMMV.

WMcD

My wife and I got our 2nd Moderna shot today; I am 75 and my wife is 73. We had a little arm soreness that lasts about 2 days, but nothing of concern. So far the 2nd shot side effects are about the same as the 1st shot.

Wife and I both received our 2nd dose a few weeks ago. Kickes our butts... had a 101 fever. BUT, only for a day.

Been feeling a little drifty since the second shot. I have a couple friend who have said the same thing

I was concerned abit but due to my research about the small chance I would have a bad reaction was tempered by the presence of emergency personnel present in case one of the hundreds being vaccinated had an allergic reaction.

Would consult your family doctor and go over any allergies you may have, or other. Have had 2 Moderna shots to date. The second around 3 weeks ago.

• Like 1

I'm not really concerned. My wife was a little sick after the second injection.  I signed up yesterday.  They said it could be six weeks until they get to me.  I'm not in any of the early groups.  My wife got the vaccine in the phase 1A since she is a healthcare worker.

• Like 1

There are places around the country who have extra shots available at times when those with appt. fail to show, and have leftover vaccine, especially the Phizers that will go bad.

This is well known by now and happens everyday. Arms are needed in this case.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, billybob said:

There are places around the country who have extra shots available at times when those with appt. fail to show, and have leftover vaccine, especially the Phizers that will go bad.

This is well known by now and happens everyday. Arms are needed in this case.

That's how me and my wife got ours. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, willland said:

Still too young(56) and low risk.:(

Wait, maybe that is a good thing?:P

Bill

My brother-in-law, in his early 60s, is also too young and “low risk.”  He got  Covid several months ago playing in a geezer hockey league . . . go figure.  He has yet to regain his senses of taste and smell.