RB-75s on Ebay

wuzzzer

2 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

How good are these?  I keep hearing that they are special. 

I originally wanted a pair of cherry RB-75s because of their uniqueness and rarity on the used market.  Even though I had to go clear across(diagonally Tacoma to Kissimmee) the country to get the right pair at the right price from the right seller,  it was worth all the "trouble".  These are special and they rock like no "bookshelf" speakers have the right to.

Bill

51 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Relisted:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333904778345?ViewItem=&item=333904778345

How good are these?  I keep hearing that they are special. 

They have the same size compression driver and horn as the RF-7s/RC-7 and were voice-matched to the two. They also have an 8" LF driver similar to the RC-7. Imo, what makes them really special is they were made in Hope only durring the original RF-7s and would be great for surrounds with any of the later models. I use them for Side Surrounds and Rears. 

2 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

They have the same size compression driver and horn as the RF-7s/RC-7 and were voice-matched to the two. They also have an 8" LF driver similar to the RC-7. Imo, what makes them really special is they were made in Hope only durring the original RF-7s and would be great for surrounds with any of the later models. I use them for Side Surrounds and Rears. 

Have you ever listened to yours as mains on 2 channel? I'll bet they sound good, especially with a sub.

58 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Have you ever listened to yours as mains on 2 channel? I'll bet they sound good, especially with a sub.

Not in 2 channel but we had them in the bedroom in 5.1 along with an RC-7, KSW-15, and 2 RS-3s...It was WAY TOO MUCH for the bedroom and I prefer them over the RS-7s for the library ht listed below.

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Before my RSW-10d took a dump, it filled in the bottom frequencies(45Hz down)that the RB-75s couldn’t reach with ease.  What a perfect combination.  Virtually a hybrid RF-5/RF-7.

Bill

• Like 2