Klipsch Heresy advice

juallhuce

So I just moved into a new house and the previous owner left behind these speakers.  After doing some searching on this website and Google, I'm kind of drawing a blank.  Unless I'm missing something, the 3rd character in the s.n. should be a letter and that doesn't appear to be anything but a 3 to me.  I was really wanting to date these, and hopefully sell them to anyone here.  I just have no use for them in any capacity.  

Thanks for any help, and I'm hoping this isn't against any rules that I might have overlooked.  

EDIT- I was also wondering about this veneer.  Just out of curiosity, did they come lined with the veneer like this or did the previous owner do this himself?  It seems like such a waste to cover up such rich wood and apparent top notch craftsmanship.

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by juallhuce
  • Like 1

well the HBR means Heresy Birch Raw and that peeling stuff isn't Birch by the looks of it...I'd say poorly veneered by someone...perhpas the speakers look much better underneath that peeling stuff...nice little project for someone...

Bill

18 hours ago, juallhuce said:

So I just moved into a new house and the previous owner left behind these speakers.  After doing some searching on this website and Google, I'm kind of drawing a blank.  Unless I'm missing something, the 3rd character in the s.n. should be a letter and that doesn't appear to be anything but a 3 to me.  I was really wanting to date these, and hopefully sell them to anyone here.  I just have no use for them in any capacity.  

Thanks for any help, and I'm hoping this isn't against any rules that I might have overlooked.  

EDIT- I was also wondering about this veneer.  Just out of curiosity, did they come lined with the veneer like this or did the previous owner do this himself?  It seems like such a waste to cover up such rich wood and apparent top notch craftsmanship.

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

Carefully unscrew the backs and post some pics so people can see the labels on the drivers

same for the front, carefully take the grills off and post pics of the drivers, esp the woofer.

I'm not a wood worker, so the upper limit for me would be $50

since I would have to take them to a cabinet maker for cleanup and possible veneer

I'm guessing they have flood damage too.

If flooded, value may be zero if mid drivers are rotted.....

I won't be bidding, good luck with your sale.

• Like 1

I’ve had several send messages about buying them.  I’m willing to ship if you’re willing to cover the shipping cost.  I’m in central Louisiana.  I’ve done exactly zero selling or buying like this so you’ll have to coach me in how we both protect ourselves in the process. First person to initiate buying them gets them. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, juallhuce said:

I’ve had several send messages about buying them.  I’m willing to ship if you’re willing to cover the shipping cost.  I’m in central Louisiana.  I’ve done exactly zero selling or buying like this so you’ll have to coach me in how we both protect ourselves in the process. First person to initiate buying them gets them. 

Can be there as early as tomorrow. PM @ you.

• Like 2