Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
juallhuce

Klipsch Heresy advice

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So I just moved into a new house and the previous owner left behind these speakers.  After doing some searching on this website and Google, I'm kind of drawing a blank.  Unless I'm missing something, the 3rd character in the s.n. should be a letter and that doesn't appear to be anything but a 3 to me.  I was really wanting to date these, and hopefully sell them to anyone here.  I just have no use for them in any capacity.  

 

Thanks for any help, and I'm hoping this isn't against any rules that I might have overlooked.  

 

 

EDIT- I was also wondering about this veneer.  Just out of curiosity, did they come lined with the veneer like this or did the previous owner do this himself?  It seems like such a waste to cover up such rich wood and apparent top notch craftsmanship.

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by juallhuce
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"W" is what you're looking for, which is 1981.  

 

Hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like someone might have veneered over them... poorly.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s what it looks like to me, but I don’t know anything about these.  I guess the good news is that it’s coming off super easy and not leaving anything behind that isn’t just wiping off. 

D11D054A-9EDC-4074-8733-87E936187D31.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably looking at $200-300 in that condition. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It does look like they veneered it poorly.  The good news is, the glue isn’t sticking to the box. 

Edited by juallhuce
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well the HBR means Heresy Birch Raw and that peeling stuff isn't Birch by the looks of it...I'd say poorly veneered by someone...perhpas the speakers look much better underneath that peeling stuff...nice little project for someone...

 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incoming PM.........check yer inbox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be glad to give them a new home, too. Depending on where you are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, juallhuce said:

So I just moved into a new house and the previous owner left behind these speakers.  After doing some searching on this website and Google, I'm kind of drawing a blank.  Unless I'm missing something, the 3rd character in the s.n. should be a letter and that doesn't appear to be anything but a 3 to me.  I was really wanting to date these, and hopefully sell them to anyone here.  I just have no use for them in any capacity.  

 

Thanks for any help, and I'm hoping this isn't against any rules that I might have overlooked.  

 

 

EDIT- I was also wondering about this veneer.  Just out of curiosity, did they come lined with the veneer like this or did the previous owner do this himself?  It seems like such a waste to cover up such rich wood and apparent top notch craftsmanship.

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

 

Carefully unscrew the backs and post some pics so people can see the labels on the drivers

same for the front, carefully take the grills off and post pics of the drivers, esp the woofer.

 

I'm not a wood worker, so the upper limit for me would be $50

since I would have to take them to a cabinet maker for cleanup and possible veneer

I'm guessing they have flood damage too.

If flooded, value may be zero if mid drivers are rotted.....

 

I won't be bidding, good luck with your sale.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve had several send messages about buying them.  I’m willing to ship if you’re willing to cover the shipping cost.  I’m in central Louisiana.  I’ve done exactly zero selling or buying like this so you’ll have to coach me in how we both protect ourselves in the process. First person to initiate buying them gets them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, juallhuce said:

I’ve had several send messages about buying them.  I’m willing to ship if you’re willing to cover the shipping cost.  I’m in central Louisiana.  I’ve done exactly zero selling or buying like this so you’ll have to coach me in how we both protect ourselves in the process. First person to initiate buying them gets them. 


Can be there as early as tomorrow. PM @ you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:


Can be there as early as tomorrow. PM @ you.

 

You, sir, are on a roll.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

p.s.  You should be able to take an iron or heat gun and heat that top veneer layer for easy removal.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got back from picking them up.

 

Thank you, juallhuce!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Just got back from picking them up.

 

Thank you, juallhuce!

and cane grilles to boot

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy to see someone here pick those up!  The bones are there, just need a little refinishing work and they'll go another 40 years!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drivers appear perfect, just need a little gentle cleaning; and most importantly, sound perfect, so far.

 

 

A7AB769B-6DD2-453A-95AC-046EB1A3BFD9.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...