Tractrix horn for Klipschorn

On 3/7/2021 at 5:55 PM, RandyH000 said:

Dave's horn  will modify the look and the sound as the tweeter is on the side of the mids Horn , a totally different  speaker -------no longer a khorn --

I realize that, and that is one of my objections to the idea as implemented. What would be the issue with fabricating a new top hat to allow the installation of Dave A's horn or the K77 above the tractrix horn? If it sounds like crap to my ears nothing more than a little shop time to restore it eh?

26 minutes ago, Ol_mcdonald said:

I realize that, and that is one of my objections to the idea as implemented. What would be the issue with fabricating a new top hat to allow the installation of Dave A's horn or the K77 above the tractrix horn? If it sounds like crap to my ears nothing more than a little shop time to restore it eh?

We are not talking about Dave  A's horn , we are talking of the Dave Harris Horn for the mids , now Dave Harris also has a tweeter lense that is mated to the mids horn and it fits flush into the motorboard  -

if you place the Dave Harris tweeter lense   on top of the mids horn ala khorn ,  it should sound spectacular  , my guess is the top  hat would have to be slightly  higher  since the horn mouth is wider than the K400-

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

We are not talking about Dave  A's horn , we are talking of the Dave Harris Horn for the mids , now Dave Harris also has a tweeter lense that is mated to the mids horn and it fits flush into the motorboard  -

if you place the Dave Harris tweeter lense   on top of the mids horn ala khorn ,  it should sound spectacular  , my guess is the top  hat would have to be slightly  higher  since the horn mouth is wider than the K400-

My OP was solely about Dave H’s tractrix mf horn. A comment was made about the tweeter being off center, which I also dislike, so now I AM talking about both Dave H’s mf and Dave A’s hf horns since I have both Dave A’s horn with B&C DE120 driver and K-77’s and one or the other may be a natural.   

I’ll look at Greg’s horn driver combo also.

10 minutes ago, Ol_mcdonald said:

My OP was solely about Dave H’s tractrix mf horn. A comment was made about the tweeter being off center, which I also dislike, so now I AM talking about both Dave H’s mf and Dave A’s hf horns since I have both Dave A’s horn with B&C DE120 driver and K-77’s and one or the other may be a natural.   

I’ll look at Greg’s horn driver combo also.

If you don't like the tweeter being off center do what I did, I got a pair of Fostex 90a's and centered them on top of my khorns.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ol_mcdonald said:

Nothing wrong with this idea. The tweet will be pretty high physically. Make a new taller motorboard for the horn lenses and new taller side pieces and braces for the tophat. The bottom and tops could be used as is.