I’ve done it again !

hogwylde09

Added more Heritage to the collection. 
According to the seller @Arno 1961 Cornwalls.

Brought my Fluke 77 with me for resistance measurements. Total impedance at speaker terminals measured a little over 5 ohms with a small deviation from one speaker to the other.

i was able to narrow it down to the K77 in one enclosure. One ohm’d around 13 while the other closer to 8. But no sign of distortion or other side effects. They sound terrific in fact. 
At one point, I was told the cabinets painted blue. And that was over white. The backs are still blue. While that doesn’t bother me, what does is the fact, the factory tags have been painted over. The only solution to trying to remove paint to make them legible again without destroying them altogether would be trying to carefully scrape lightly with a razor blade. 
If anyone has better suggestions, I’m all ears.

Also would anybody know if 4 or 8 ohm during this time period?

I will add some photos, reduced size with my iPhone later.  

• Like 2

In the kitchen, dining room for initial listening.

Holy crap. Also having,Klipschhorns Belles, CF4’S, CF3’s, KLF30’s. (the kg5.5’s found a new owner yesterday). It’s getting difficult to judge the “TOP DAWG” now.

May just be the room dimensions. And the way they disperse into the longer area. 

14D2BCDB-E744-46C6-A177-4466A16DBD19.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2021 at 3:00 PM, hogwylde09 said:

Added more Heritage to the collection. 
According to the seller @Arno 1961 Cornwalls.

Brought my Fluke 77 with me for resistance measurements. Total impedance at speaker terminals measured a little over 5 ohms with a small deviation from one speaker to the other.

i was able to narrow it down to the K77 in one enclosure. One ohm’d around 13 while the other closer to 8. But no sign of distortion or other side effects. They sound terrific in fact. 
At one point, I was told the cabinets painted blue. And that was over white. The backs are still blue. While that doesn’t bother me, what does is the fact, the factory tags have been painted over. The only solution to trying to remove paint to make them legible again without destroying them altogether would be trying to carefully scrape lightly with a razor blade. 
If anyone has better suggestions, I’m all ears.

Also would anybody know if 4 or 8 ohm during this time period?

I will add some photos, reduced size with my iPhone later.  

The resistance measures in the high 5 ohm range, reason I raised the question. If anyone knows what impedance specs were during the time period of their manufacture. I’ve read CW came in 4 and 8 ohm. In the back of my mind I believe I’ve read that.