In wall 5800-W II

Jack Straw

I’m generally pleased with these, although not my first choice but many of you already know the saying “happy wife, happy life.”  I say generally because the low end seems a bit thin and I’d like to know if there is anything I can do (don’t even mention a subwoofer, see above) such as an enclosure box in the wall that will give it a bit of oomph. They are running on a Cambridge Audio AXA35. Crutch field assured me it was a killer combo.  Room is about 14 x19.  Any suggestions? Thanks.

Edited by Jack Straw

• Moderators

Welcome

Your right  “happy wife, happy life.” , but in there somewhere has to be a little of what you both want ?

OK enough of that, I'm just spoiled, your wife would steroke out if she seen what my wife picked out. :lol:

Back to the problem

the main problem your having is the speakers you picked out, no not the brand or model but what they do. Inwalls generally cover a certain frequency range (as all speakers) , it would be printed on the box or advertisement. This is from the specs.....

• frequency response 46-20,000 Hz (±3dB)

They go down to 46 hz, which is better than most inwalls but could be why you feel it sounds a little thin. I think someone, not sure if Klipsch does, sells in wall subs to help with that.

You mention the AXA35, try different settings and see if you can get a little fuller sound, just don't boost bass and play them loud. Boosting bass is ok for low listening but only give a little more bass but not deeper bass, try playing with settings first. 

Others will probably have more ideas, see what they say.

just for note.....a sub does not have to go out in the open or in front, it can go behind a chair or sofa hidden...just saying.