How content are you with your current stereo/surround setup?

wuzzzer

How content are you with your current stereo/surround setup?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Your level of contentment?

• 100% - no desire to change or upgrade anything
    • 90% - almost there but not quite yet
    • 80% - might upgrade if the right deal came along
    • 70% - mostly happy but always looking
    • 60% - need to upgrade, just saving up first
    • 50% - just starting out

I clicked 100% because I am content that my ears will never be any better than my primary system. However, I wish I could could have better amplification than our Pioneer 7.1 receiver in that system that drives 4 Corn IIs , a home made Klipsch-based center and feeds a Rhythmik 12 sub;  more like the transparency of my Sumo Electra II & Polaris II combo in my secondary system here in my study. If I was 20 or 30 years younger, that would be a priority but it's not.

The only one of our many music systems that is inferior to my own hearing is my garage system using a 70s RS receiver (cheap Pioneer in drag) driving RS Minimus 7 speakers.

• Like 2

I checked 100%, but it is more like 98%.  I need to upgrade my pre/pro in order to take advantage of higher rez audio decoding.  Just too busy with other things to work on that.  I'm still thrilled with the Heil AMT setup for mains and Klipsch Pro side and rear effects speakers. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, boom3 said:

I clicked 100% because I am content that my ears will never be any better than my primary system. However, I wish I could could have better amplification than our Pioneer 7.1 receiver in that system that drives 4 Corn IIs , a home made Klipsch-based center and feeds a Rhythmik 12 sub;  more like the transparency of my Sumo Electra II & Polaris II combo in my secondary system here in my study. If I was 20 or 30 years younger, that would be a priority but it's not.

If the question was "is your system better than your hearing"? I would have put 100% too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Very content, always on the prowl and the word jaded works into the equation. Maybe even spoiled? Jubes and LS can do all this and more. Knowing my preference for all things single ended, tubes and SS, is about all I look to as a new addition but not necessarily an improvement. I may, just may escape my comfort zone with passive Jubes and go active. I’ve resisted temptation through the years but the addition of a second F3 for the 402’s and nCores for the bins just may be the excuse I need. 

• Like 2

100%... any change, INCLUDING SPEAKERS, would be a gamble in my humble O.

what I am fearful of is a sideways movement while incurring significant costs. YES, I know a Jubilee is a better speaker. YES, I know controlling the pattern in a small room is better with a larger horn. However I just think, at this moment, that a Jubilee is unusable horsepower for me in a room 25x40.

I listen mainly around 75db-85db when I get spirited and the LSii's/VRD's are just magnificent. Superb imaging, great transients and magical dimensionality.

I am quite sure someday I will make the move to Jubilee's... I just hope there will be a set of old design bass bin available new.

I WOULD however entertain a folded horn heritage subwoofer that isn't the size of a small Volkswagen at a price point up to $3500+/-

My 5.1 could use some work... so there I am about 70% happy. I could use another la Scala and a 5 channel class D separate.

• Like 1

I said 90% because as soon as my Denon AVR-4311ci goes kaput I will upgrade to Atmos but soundwise I am actually at 100% as far as my speakers are concerned. I have RS7s/RS/3s layin' around that I could use for Dolby Atmos and the like, but until that time I could always use a bigger tv. :) 

• Like 1

I didn't vote. My four LaS & HeresyII center haven't been hooked-up for awhile. I'm working on my house next door to get back in my old sound room with 396s, 362s, 2500s and maybe the  201s. The Khorns will be moved, too, for 2 channel. The Cornwall IIIs will take the Khorns old spot in the big house.

SSH

• Like 1