Hey y’all C4 listeners, was wondering if any of you have a technical explanation or any explanation for that matter as to why Roy didn’t offer the C4 with stands? I found that by raising these up off the floor dramatically changes imaging, presentation, accuracy, dynamics, and phase and seems better? Bass is dramatically improved as well. Horns are at ear level now and wow. I staged them on blocks for now but will be building some stands soon. 

0538BE4B-7BBD-4139-A568-5C707E899D7A.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, billybob said:

Have heard this going on in the Epic thread. One was tipping front of speaker up just a little and liking. Interesting...

I tried tipping up but didn’t like the effect it really thinned things out. Raising up to ear level was a game changer

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I used simple footstools to get RF-3s as surrounds to the same height as our front RF-7s (which are off the floor 2 inches because of an obstacle) and that worked great.post-4218-13819266726854_thumb.jpg I then put granite tiles around it to clean it up.

Great idea!

Hey MAGRF7,

Indyklotz built some stands for his CF-3's that have worked out really well for him. You can find his comments in the Klipsch Epic Owners Group thread in 2-Channel. CF-3's are very close in size and weight to CF-4's. I didn't quite post this link correctly, but if you click on the arrow in the right corner below and then scroll up on that page you'll see his posts.

@MAGRF7

-triceratops