Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
tlarwa

Lost/Missing USPS Package - What's the Buyer/Seller Protocol?

Recommended Posts

I sold a cartridge to another forum member here and shipped it via USPS Priority Mail on February 12th.  It shows that it moved through the USPS system once (in other words it left the origin post office and was scanned in at the next stop), but has since been at a standstill with no updates.  What's the typical protocol in these situations?  I'm not at fault for not shipping it, but feel bad that it hasn't made it to the buyer.  That said, it could still make it, but the lag time is getting ridiculous.  Any input would be appreciated ...

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my mind it is technically your responsibility until the buyer receives/signs for it. But I have never been in such a situation and others may have a different experience on your dilemma. I do know shipping services across the U.S. are still having issues after the big freeze. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the past 6 months, 99% of the items I've bought or sold through the post office have had issues with tracking as far as the item appearing to be just sitting idle for days.  Then all of a sudden it shows up.

Since it's Priority Mail I would call the post office where you mailed it and ask their advice. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tlarwa said:

I sold a cartridge to another forum member here and shipped it via USPS Priority Mail on February 12th.  It shows that it moved through the USPS system once (in other words it left the origin post office and was scanned in at the next stop), but has since been at a standstill with no updates.  What's the typical protocol in these situations?  I'm not at fault for not shipping it, but feel bad that it hasn't made it to the buyer.  That said, it could still make it, but the lag time is getting ridiculous.  Any input would be appreciated ...

I had a package lost by USPS in that same time frame. Then they tell me (and the shipper) that it isn't consider lost until 90 days. Well after no updates for two and a half weeks, it shows "out for delivery"! I got the package on Friday. We had all but given up on it. Hang in there, it still has a chance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordered a capacitor for my ac in July. They sent the small package to PO 100 miles away. Local PO lady called and emailed them.

It came in December...weeee, now I have a spare.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, tlarwa said:

I sold a cartridge to another forum member here and shipped it via USPS Priority Mail on February 12th.  It shows that it moved through the USPS system once (in other words it left the origin post office and was scanned in at the next stop), but has since been at a standstill with no updates.  What's the typical protocol in these situations?  I'm not at fault for not shipping it, but feel bad that it hasn't made it to the buyer.  That said, it could still make it, but the lag time is getting ridiculous.  Any input would be appreciated ...

are you insured  ?     -------best advice is to hang in there -   give it another month

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any time you ship through the post office always ship items fully insured with Signature requirement every time no matter how inexpensive the item is or consider it lost. 

 

As far as the the past month goes yeah lots of delays and missing packages due to the storms hopefully you insured it and the post office will refund you. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its past 7 days go online and file a lost package claim. Every time I have a situation like yours I file the claim on line and suddenly the package gets moving. As mentioned above it is traditionally the sellers issue if the buyer does not get his item. A lost package is hard for the shipper to deny an insurance claim

 

Good Luck with it

 

Joe

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Over the past 6 months, 99% of the items I've bought or sold through the post office have had issues with tracking as far as the item appearing to be just sitting idle for days.  Then all of a sudden it shows up.

Since it's Priority Mail I would call the post office where you mailed it and ask their advice. 

The usps has tracking?

Hope you divvied up for ins.

That's news to me. I expect tracking to show timely whereabouts, exceptions, time estimates. 

Got spoiled by two good outfits.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

The usps has tracking?

Yep, they can tell you when and where you shipped it from and when and where it got delivered to.  In between those 2 times you'll need a Magic 8 ball to tell what's going on.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, billybob said:

Ordered a capacitor for my ac in July. They sent the small package to PO 100 miles away. Local PO lady called and emailed them.

It came in December...weeee, now I have a spare.

 

Tracking let me and PO lady know where it was. She told me they had a room for lost or undeliverable items in other city. It was plain as day it was posted for here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My lost package was shipped on 2/17 from Russelville AR which is a driver and 9 iron away (ok 7 iron) A week later it made it all the way to Little Rock. That is where the communication ended and no updates for two and half weeks. Then out of nowhere on March 5th it was listed as out for delivery and actually showed up! Your package may still get there. Good luck!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

USPS is horrible.  I can tell you about their ridiculous holiday performance first hand with items sent priority mail in early December not delivering until mid January.  They are extremely under staffed and budgeted.  I won't ever ever ship with USPS again.  I only use UPS and Fed Ex for these reasons.  They are at least reliable.  Just pack well.

 

I would bet my next pay check nothing is wrong.  It is just the horrible performance of USPS.  The item will show up long after it has been forgotten.  Par for their course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mismanaged and dollar wasteful has led to me paying real shippers for all the legal stuff this past year.

 

They won't deliver here (usps) if it's hot or too cold or if there is a flurry called for.

 

NOT what they once were pridefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, joessportster said:

its past 7 days go online and file a lost package claim. Every time I have a situation like yours I file the claim on line and suddenly the package gets moving. As mentioned above it is traditionally the sellers issue if the buyer does not get his item. A lost package is hard for the shipper to deny an insurance claim

 

Good Luck with it

 

Joe

Thanks, Joe.  I did file a missing mail request today .  And the buyer and I have been in constant contact to ork through this.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not relevant to the OP's question but USPS has been fantastic for me, they are the only carrier I use and I am happy to support them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just one problem with USPS, and mentioned it here. It was resolved.

Have used for packages for many years with business and personal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lost a lot of stuff with the  Post Office ,  but  no issues in the past several Years with the Flat Rate Boxes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2021 at 8:53 PM, tlarwa said:

I sold a cartridge to another forum member here and shipped it via USPS Priority Mail on February 12th.  It shows that it moved through the USPS system once (in other words it left the origin post office and was scanned in at the next stop), but has since been at a standstill with no updates.  What's the typical protocol in these situations?  I'm not at fault for not shipping it, but feel bad that it hasn't made it to the buyer.  That said, it could still make it, but the lag time is getting ridiculous.  Any input would be appreciated ...

ANY NEWS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...