JEM Performance Audio...my experience!

35 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Picture of Both AA Crossovers:

the inductor on the top left of the AA   must be checked in case the screw is magnetic ,  if it is , you must replace it with a non magnetic screw -

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Will also take clearer pictures, not satisfied with that one. Showing markings on caps.

You going to pull all the parts off the board and give them a good cleaning, possibly fresh coat of paint? Maybe new Barrier strips? Time is now I would think.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, babadono said:

These are going to sound different/better than a rebuild with Crites Sonicaps

@wuzzer  stated that the Klipsch  capacitors sounded better than Sonicaps in  Heresy speakers with solder lug k55V -

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pats3of4 said:

Those networks have some history!  I almost like the patina.  Think of the sounds played through those!

That's a very polite way to put it i was going to say something similar but refrained. They look like they might have been used or stored outdoors for quite some time.

• Like 2

I had a set of Heresy’s I refinished that that had been spray painted.  I did everything I could to get the paint off.  They still had a black hue.  I clear coated them.  I liked the fact they looked like they had been through the suck.

I think it’s cool to know the history

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

That's a very polite way to put it i was going to say something similar but refrained. They look like they might have been used or stored outdoors for quite some time.

Kinda; roof caved in, in the aftermath of a Hurricane, with the help of a tree branch.

Won’t reinstall, until renovation of room is complete.

Habanos & Cuban Coffee, is the best I can do. Doc sez lay off Cuban Rum, Cigars, & salty spices.

So, I sez, sez I, How’s 2 outa 3 Doc?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1