FS: Southeastern Arizona La Scalas

erik2A3

I don't want to part with them, but it's necessary.  They are consecutive serial numbers.  The gentleman from whom I purchased them told me there was a problem with the crossovers, and he had no interest in fixing whatever the issue was.  The networks were formerly from the Crites, but some previous owner seemed to have tried to modify them.  I had a look, and all parts needed for a well-functioning Type A network were there.  I have personally always preferred to terminate all x-over branches individually, and that's what I did with HF section of these, which requires a larger capacitive reactance and 6kHz than the OEM Type A (which is taken off the top of the autoformer but AFTER the input capacitor.  Both networks work as they should for this type of filter design.  Most like to experiment with different network topologies, and I mention this only to show that the crossovers aren't original Klipsch networks.

I wanted $1,500 for them, but will offer them here on the forum for $1,300.  Please don't try to talk me down from this.  It's a fair price.

E5522357-FD57-470B-9D18-140C0BEF8C63.heic

• Like 2

...but Bruce, you just let go of your faithful old Moondogs 😢  How could you..  But hey, I know what a good transistor amp can do for the low end, and that's where we sometimes run out of at least some steam with these super-heavy 2 watt amps!  :)  Anyway, I know they went to a good home, and you had one of the very rare earlier editions with the MQ iron.  I knew the original owner/builder of your former pair, very nice guy who really liked Kiwame resistors -- green ones, if I recall.

So, I have a couple of PMs here.  Thank you for the interest.  Certainly it's only fair to give priority to the first.  There was a helpful question about the condition of the sides.  Truly sorry, of course that's important here.  They are in excellent shape, better overall than the tops, although I'm quite sure there is a very shallow mark (approx. few inches in length) on the side of one of the cabinets.  I just never thought about it, but let me get a pic up so you can see.