Tweeter placement for modified Belles?

guf

Do you hear a difference with the diaphragms lined up vertically? If you do i would do both things that Khornukopia suggested. If for aesthetics you don't want to cover those beautiful walnut tops with anything I would raise the tweets up enough that reflections are minimized.

And yes your belles look beautiful...did you have to add the black vertical spacer to make the eliptrac fit?

BTW.....

Sam Frank and Frank Sam were best friends. They did everything together, and they both loved music. Sam Frank was an accomplished pianist and Frank Sam was a harpist. They spent many happy hours playing duets. They both happened to die on the same day.

Frank Sam went to heaven, but apparently Sam Frank led a life that was not as chaste, for he ended up in Hell. After a few weeks, Frank Sam began to miss his life long friend so he went to Saint Peter and asked if he could go down and visit him in Hell. Saint Peter, after much discussion agreed, but told Frank Sam he must be back before midnight. The Pearly Gates closed at the last strike of the clock, and if he wasn't back he would have to remain in Hell forever.

Frank grabbed his harp and went to visit Sam. When he got down there, he discovered that Sam Frank was doing OK in Hell. He was the manager of a disco. The two old friends had a wonderful time together. They spent the day playing duets, and that night, they danced and partied in the disco. Suddenly Frank Sam heard the clock begin to strike midnight. He ran out of the disco and flew back to heaven as fast as he could. He barely made it in before the gates closed.

Soon after he arrived, he gasped and desperately started searching for Saint Peter. When he found him, he told Saint Peter that he had to go back to Hell right away. When Saint Peter asked why, Frank Sam began to wail, "I left my harp in Sam Frank's Disco..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

thanks guys! I have been trying a few different thing.

1) keeping the tweeter in the same place but on a piece of rock wool insulation. 

2) raising it up  and moving int around in different spots.

3) moving it to the front face above the elptitrac

1 and 3 are the best.  3 has been like that for 48 hours. I feel like because I'm not thinking about moving it its the best option.  

And yes I had to raise the whole top piece up 1 inch to fit the new horn. 

IMG_3064.jpg

IMG_3065.jpg