Jimjimbo’s La Scala’s

nickyboy6100

I’d like to share a recent transaction I had with forum member jimjimbo. I bought a set of La Scala’s from Jim about 3 months ago on the intentions of picking them up in late April. He let me configure them exactly how I wanted them. He also let me pay with PayPal even though his preferred payment was cash when I picked them up. Last week, another set of La Scala’s were posted in the “garage sale” section. They happened to be my old industrials that I sold last year and have regretted ever since. I noticed Jimbo had made a couple comments about them in the for sale thread, so I sent him a PM letting him know those were my old speakers and answered a question he had about them. Jim sent me a message back and offered to refund my money so I could purchase my old industrials back. Well, while all of this was going on, I was informed  that my hours at work would be significantly increasing and would be unable to make a trip out of town for an unknown amount time. I let Jim know my situation and that I probably wouldn’t be able to pick either set of La Scala’s up. He still offered to refund my purchase. I agreed that a refund would be the best option. He refunded my money that day. I offered to pay him for the inconvenience I caused, but he declined. Moral of the story. Jim went above and beyond what he was required to do. He answered numerous questions I’ve had over the last 3 months without any hesitation. He’s been a pleasure to deal with, and most of all, just treated me like a friend. It’s good to know there are still good people out there, and Jim is one of them. Jim, I owe you an apology for tying up a beautiful set of La Scala’s for so long. I’m sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for being so understanding. I owe you one, bud. 

•  
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 4

I think we all have had something like this happen to us.  Kudos to JIM. Several members have helped me out over the years. Stuff happens and just be up front and I think most will understand. 

To bad you didnt get your old ones back or did you???  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ricktate said:

I think we all have had something like this happen to us.  Kudos to JIM. Several members have helped me out over the years. Stuff happens and just be up front and I think most will understand. 

To bad you didnt get your old ones back or did you???  

I didn’t get my old ones back. 

I've done business with Jim several times. He's a gentleman and a pleasure to deal with every time.

I do 90% of my deals through this forum and it's because of guys like Jim.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 3/10/2021 at 4:18 AM, nickyboy6100 said:

I’d like to share a recent transaction I had with forum member jimjimbo. I bought a set of La Scala’s from Jim about 3 months ago on the intentions of picking them up in late April. He let me configure them exactly how I wanted them. He also let me pay with PayPal even though his preferred payment was cash when I picked them up. Last week, another set of La Scala’s were posted in the “garage sale” section. They happened to be my old industrials that I sold last year and have regretted ever since. I noticed Jimbo had made a couple comments about them in the for sale thread, so I sent him a PM letting him know those were my old speakers and answered a question he had about them. Jim sent me a message back and offered to refund my money so I could purchase my old industrials back. Well, while all of this was going on, I was informed  that my hours at work would be significantly increasing and would be unable to make a trip out of town for an unknown amount time. I let Jim know my situation and that I probably wouldn’t be able to pick either set of La Scala’s up. He still offered to refund my purchase. I agreed that a refund would be the best option. He refunded my money that day. I offered to pay him for the inconvenience I caused, but he declined. Moral of the story. Jim went above and beyond what he was required to do. He answered numerous questions I’ve had over the last 3 months without any hesitation. He’s been a pleasure to deal with, and most of all, just treated me like a friend. It’s good to know there are still good people out there, and Jim is one of them. Jim, I owe you an apology for tying up a beautiful set of La Scala’s for so long. I’m sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for being so understanding. I owe you one, bud. 

•  

Thank you for the kind words, I truly appreciate it.  @nickyboy6100 was a pleasure to deal with and our communications were timely and terrific.  I only wish that all transactions were this smooth and stress free......thanks again.

Jim

In my dealing with Jim, I only have one regret... I didn't get to meet him. I had a proxy, since we were 2000 miles apart.  I didn't want to leave him hanging for 8 months from purchase to pick up.

@jimjimbo

the LS became the wife's. When I told her I was getting some new speakers, her reaction was unexpected...

"You aren't getting rid of the big speakers. I like them"

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

In my dealing with Jim, I only have one regret... I didn't get to meet him. I had a proxy, since we were 2000 miles apart.  I didn't want to leave him hanging for 8 months from purchase to pick up.

@jimjimbo

the LS became the wife's. When I told her I was getting some new speakers, her reaction was unexpected...

"You aren't getting rid of the big speakers. I like them"

I know I've said this before, but you have one of the truly best sounding pairs of La Scalas I have ever heard.  I'm sure that part of it is that I resurrected those from the dead and put many, many hours into them.  It's very satisfying to know that they are enjoyed and appreciated.  Hope we can see each other one of these days.

• Like 2