Rest In Peace-Kirby Smith

dtel's wife

• Moderators

Memorial arrangements.

Memorial service will be held Friday, March 12th at 1 PM at Park Cities Presbyterian Church, 4124 Oak Lawn Ave, Dallas 75219 in the sanctuary.

All attendees will be required to wear masks and follow existing COVID-19 guidelines.

Service will be live streamed at: https://pcpc.org/live/memorial-services

A reception to follow at Warwick Melrose Hotel Ballroom at 3015 Oak Lawn Ave, Dallas 75219.

In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Klipsch Museum of Audio History in Hope, AR.

www.klipschmuseum.org/donations or ministry of your choice.

**All donations to the Klipsch Museum of Audio History will be dedicated to the building fund for the Feild House per discussions with the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
Very sad times, really makes me ponder my own mortality. He will be greatly missed
RIP old friend , say hi to PWK in audio heaven for all of us

I feel this way very often, especially when called upon to handle matters like this for our Klipsch friends. So many people we’ve met and grown very fond of...seeing them once or twice a year.

I’m honored to call each of you my friend.

Losses like this are difficult at best.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I met Kirby on February 11th when he came to my house in Little Rock and bought a set of speakers from me and dropped off his black LaScala speakers for me to veneer in walnut.  We talked for about an hour and hit it off from the start.  He was very kind, knowledgeable,  pleasant and friendly.  He told me he was going skiing with his sons in Montana in March and was looking forward to it.  You could tell he loved his two sons.   He offered to buy dinner for me and my wife if we were ever in Dallas. 

I texted  him some pics of the progress on the LS and was surprised that he didn't respond quickly as he usually did.  I  later got a text from his wife on his phone explaining what happened and talked to his brother Ray who lives near Little Rock.  He was coming back here on March 22 to pick up the LS. 

The LS are going to his sons.  I hope they enjoy them.

Makes us all think about how quickly life can end.

Longdrive03

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

Talked with him off an on at get-togethers, what I thought was what many said here,  just a nice guy and very friendly. RIP Kirby

Was shocked to hear this a few days ago, very sad to hear but listening to conversations my wife had with his family, employer and others he worked with they all had great respect for him and felt the same way most who talked with him did, he was just a good guy. Everyone had only good things to say and they all said he will be missed and what a nice guy he was.

Like many also said here it reminds you how things can change in a second, have fun and be nice to people, we may not get another chance to see them again. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I was asked by a forum member to post pics of the LaScalas I was rehabbing for Kirby at the time of his passinger.  Here are a few pics of the LaScalas I have just about finished for Kirby.  His wife and sons with pick them up this week.  Pretty solemn build.

IMG_4309.jpg

IMG_4314.JPG

IMG_4313.JPG

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Those two LS will most probably stay in his family forever.  Beautiful job on them @longdrive03.  Although I never had the pleasure of meeting him or a lot of you guys here I'm sure he was a great guy too.  Sad to hear about it but at least he was enjoying the time with his sons.  From everything I have seen here he's definitely someone I would have enjoyed meeting.  Moments like this have a way of levelling you knowing that in a heartbeat you could be gone.  It's crazy.  RIP Kirby!

• Like 2