Belle’s

Ol_mcdonald

237286E9-5D1F-4735-9484-A0279025E2BA.thumb.jpeg.2e4bc936e0b9c01ec323a855a793eadd.jpegI have located a pair of Mahogany Belle’s for sale that are not a matched pair, by date, serial number or wood species. I am curious what you can tell me about these, manufacture date and any other info you may deem pertinent you could include. Since they were made two different years would all components be the same?

They are NOT a matched pair which impacts their value to some degree, I suspect, though I started out looking for one I have turned my focus to a pair in the event I ever wanted to sell them it might be easier.

Seller is asking $3000 which based on my research is high, particularly since they are not a matched pair. Any opinions are appreciated.TIA!

I have located a pair of Belle’s for sale that are not a matche pair. I am curious what you can tell me about these, manufacture date and any other info you may deem pertinent you could include. 

They are NOT a matched pair which impacts their value to some degree, I suspect, though I started out looking for one I have turned my focus to a pair in the event I ever wanted to sell them it might be easier.

Seller is asking $3000 which based on my research is high, particularly since they are not a matched pair. Any opinions are appreciated.TIA!

A matched pair pertains to the veneer. The grain is the same like bookends. As for as performance they would be the same. Serial number would help. If they are raw Birch being a matched pair shouldn’t matter at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Tony Whitlow said:

A matched pair pertains to the veneer. The grain is the same like bookends. As for as performance they would be the same. Serial number would help. If they are raw Birch being a matched pair shouldn’t matter at all.

Just added pic of s/n’s....forgot!

21 hours ago, Ol_mcdonald said:

237286E9-5D1F-4735-9484-A0279025E2BA.thumb.jpeg.2e4bc936e0b9c01ec323a855a793eadd.jpegI have located a pair of Mahogany Belle’s for sale that are not a matched pair, by date, serial number or wood species. I am curious what you can tell me about these, manufacture date and any other info you may deem pertinent you could include. Since they were made two different years would all components be the same?

i would buy all the Mahogany speakers i could find and then some. they don't come up to often.

don't listen to the peanut gallery who most likely have never owned Belles let alone any speakers in Mahogany. very RARE

YOU will love them. make the deal asap

• Like 4

On 3/10/2021 at 8:56 AM, Tony Whitlow said:

As far As I can remember no raw birch Beles were ever bult unless it was some kind of weird special order or something..  Besides, if a person wanted Raw birch in a pair they wuold be better off getting a pair of LaScalas...at less than half the price of a pair of Belles.

• Like 1